BBC SHOCK!

Guest snowy1977

Guest snowy1977

Well chaps I don't know about anyone else but I was VERY suprised and pleased to hear on BBC radio 1 just now that 16yr old shooter amber hill has won young sports personality of the year.a good positive headliner involving children and guns that they can't twist into anything involving nutters and crime!well done amber!

Guest snowy1977

Best thing for anyone anti gun is to take them out and let them have a go.ive cured 2 people that had that strange "anti gun" affliction and they shoot regularly now bless em.

I bet your in laws are great fun!

Was told in no uncertain terms that my Xmas wish list this year had to have some non shooting stuff on it so they could get me something. Pain in the bum really as I had a load of stuff down that you never get around to buying like extra deeks and a pullthrough.

They wont influence my daugter though she is clay shooting barmy at the moment and really wants her own gun as shes fed up just being the scorer.

They wont influence my daugter though she is clay shooting barmy at the moment and really wants her own gun as shes fed up just being the scorer.

Get her one as soon as possible, we now have a routine here every time my 4 year old grandson comes I have to open the gun cabinet and show him which one is going to become his. I think he's maybe just checking up I haven't sold it , can't wait till he's a little older and get him out and about he already has his own thumbstick and the poor old dog doesn't know weather it's coming or going when he gets his hands on the whistle :lol: .

It's great that Amber Hill won young sports personality of the year. The coverage she has received has been fantastic and positive as well. I'd even go so far as to say I have heard and read more on Ambers award than on Andy Murray winning the main sports personality award.

P.s I think there must be some irony that a man with no personality won. Just my opinion, not an Andy Murray fan I'm afraid.

Very poor considering Newsround is aimed at the young. You would have thought that they would have reported on an individual winning that distinction from the demographic the programme is aimed at.

Seems the BBC aren't promoting the Young winner much this year............. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/sport/ Young Sports personality gets no mention.......

Very poor considering Newsround is aimed at the young. You would have thought that they would have reported on an individual winning that distinction from the demographic the programme is aimed at.

Me too that's why I looked! The news round editing is particularly anti.