• Sinn Féin
    • UUP
    • SDLP
    • Alliance

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that it dose not much matter who we vote for my MP is Libdem but could be Conservative as none of the others get a look in I am going to be voting UKIP if we have one stand but there is little or no chance of him/her getting in but at least I care enough to try and change things most people just seem to vote for the same party every time as its simpler that thinking it through.

The problem is that it dose not much matter who we vote for my MP is Libdem but could be Conservative as none of the others get a look in I am going to be voting UKIP if we have one stand but there is little or no chance of him/her getting in but at least I care enough to try and change things most people just seem to vote for the same party every time as its simpler that thinking it through.

How True and its really sad that there are so many idiots about that would vote for a dead pig as long as it wears the right colour rosette but with regards to your comment about there really being no chance of your vote making a difference of course it will as it takes a vote off the party you usually vote for, and with so few people voting at any election it really does make a difference!

You have the right idea and I salute your clear thinking by you voting how you feel about a particular party even if you don't think there is much chance of making a difference we just need a few million more intelligent thinking folk like you and we CAN make a big difference if only to put the frighteners up the other parties and get them to listen to the majority rather than grovelling to the minorities all the time!

Guest rimotu66

Not voting, never do.

And don't give me all that carp about if you don't vote you cant moan about the state of the country, I ruddy well can as I was born here and pay my taxes etc so I have as much right to moan as someone who votes.

As Crass once said, 'Who ever you vote for, government wins'.

It’s obvious that the masses aren’t happy. The Monster raving loonies used to be the party for the protest vote and it was seen as a bit of a hoot to vote for them. BUT UKIP really seem to be rattling cages now. It seems to me as if the Tories are really scared about this. The liberals know that they will get a real kicking next time but they’ve had their snouts in the trough at the high table and Lab are just sitting tight holding on to walk straight in. Perhaps the libs will join up with ukip and all of the minors and create a minority gov. Perhaps we could end up with a situation like Italy. New random gov every six months or so, random excentric Pm and a civil service that runs the country. Recipe for total chaos. Perhaps we could be run on the lines of a banana republic. Boom and bust, jobs for my friends Ect. Oh it's all about Euro elecions. Hmm. Who knows what that is all about. Who cares it's not here it's over there with those people of foreign origin.

Looking at the figures so far, IF this is truly representative and honest, I believe that would give UKIP a clear majority and control of the House of Commons if it came down to it would it not?

As I understand it, one party needs to win more than half of the available seats, so with 67% of the vote, it's a UKIP government.....

I know the post referred to the European Elections but extrapolate the figures and that's what I'd read into it. How representative of the country are the members of PW do we think?

It’s obvious that the masses aren’t happy. The Monster raving loonies used to be the party for the protest vote and it was seen as a bit of a hoot to vote for them. BUT UKIP really seem to be rattling cages now. It seems to me as if the Tories are really scared about this. The liberals know that they will get a real kicking next time but they’ve had their snouts in the trough at the high table and Lab are just sitting tight holding on to walk straight in. Perhaps the libs will join up with ukip and all of the minors and create a minority gov. Perhaps we could end up with a situation like Italy. New random gov every six months or so, random excentric Pm and a civil service that runs the country. Recipe for total chaos. Perhaps we could be run on the lines of a banana republic. Boom and bust, jobs for my friends Ect. Oh it's all about Euro elecions. Hmm. Who knows what that is all about. Who cares it's not here it's over there with those people of foreign origin.

The euro elections are about voting for an MEP to represent you in the European Parliament. Of course they are toothless tigers with no real powers, that is reserved for the commissioners whom you have no vote for and who you can't vote out. It's based on the Russian Politburo model and we know how democratic they are :rolleyes: but the point is that it does give you a chance to voice your dissatisfaction loud and clear then hopefully influence our Government policy by embarrassing the government into action.

Looking at the figures so far, IF this is truly representative and honest, I believe that would give UKIP a clear majority and control of the House of Commons if it came down to it would it not?

As I understand it, one party needs to win more than half of the available seats, so with 67% of the vote, it's a UKIP government.....

I know the post referred to the European Elections but extrapolate the figures and that's what I'd read into it. How representative of the country are the members of PW do we think?

People can tick any box but will vote differently in Parliamentary Elections. I will probably vote for my very right wing Conservative MP to keep Labour out. The only problem is that this will help Camoron remain as PM. This is why nothing much ever changes.

When push comes to shove we don’t have any say at all. EG like basc recon to speak for the shooting community and have the ear of government. Yeah like they did in regard to hand guns and multi shot shotguns. If any gov took notice of what the public wanted it would be like trying to ride a bike with rubber handlebars. Please one crowd and offend the other side. AND we wouldn’t be in Afghanistan or giving money to India whose masses are very poor yet they are sending up space rockets. Ect, Ect. Probably more efficient to save the show leather and not bother to vote.

I Agree with you and of the people I know who ever discuss politics they all intend to vote UKIP as they see that their policies are what they want, ie they want their country back! and without wishing to upset the Liabour voters on here they nearly all are ex Liabour voters :lol:

The other parties have had their day and we need something new that wont be intimidated by the civil servants who seem to make all the rules and will just tell them to do as they are told and indeed what they are paid for, enough is enough there is too much at stake now and we the Great British public have to make the change happen and make a few trough swillers redundant :good:

Civil servants aren't running the show the EU Commission is. They issue intruction directly to Whitehall without going through the Westminster Parliament and Whitehall is expected to prioritise this business over that of our supposedly sovereign Parliament, which it does. This situation is legal. It is enshrined in treaties which the previous government ratified in our name without consultation or democratic mandate.

Servant servants aren't the enemy, they merely work for the enemy and we pick up the bill, in every sense.

OF COURSE this is not representative. God forbid if society was represented by some of the characters in here....

Edited by Psyxologos

tricky one this, given this is a "country side / rural" forum with a common interest in "fire arms" i am surprised the Green party & Sinn Fein dont have more votes

seriously if i can be convinced they are just not a "fad" party i could move to UKIP i need to look at them a bit more closely

tricky one this, given this is a "country side / rural" forum with a common interest in "fire arms" i am surprised the Green party & Sinn Fein dont have more votes

True that we all share a common interest, but I think the forum demographic mirrors a large part of society.

Most on here are working folk, taxpayers, who cover a huge spectrum of employment. From minimum wage earners to high rollers they're all represented on this forum. Most have a moral sense of what's right and wrong, and apart from the odd misdemeaner are a law abiding bunch. Some are young, some are old, some are family folk, some single, but I suspect pretty much everyone is totally and utterly ****** off with being shafted left right and centre by successive recent governments, and especially the unelected dictators in Brussels.

I think the poll on here may be far more accurate than many would like to admit too. If the 'main' parties are running scared of UKIP they only have themselves to blame. Let's see them squirm if and when UKIP make big gains in the EU elections.

True that we all share a common interest, but I think the forum demographic mirrors a large part of society.

Most on here are working folk, taxpayers, who cover a huge spectrum of employment. From minimum wage earners to high rollers they're all represented on this forum. Most have a moral sense of what's right and wrong, and apart from the odd misdemeaner are a law abiding bunch. Some are young, some are old, some are family folk, some single, but I suspect pretty much everyone is totally and utterly ****** off with being shafted left right and centre by successive recent governments, and especially the unelected dictators in Brussels.

I think the poll on here may be far more accurate than many would like to admit too. If the 'main' parties are running scared of UKIP they only have themselves to blame. Let's see them squirm if and when UKIP make big gains in the EU elections.

here's what ours does for us I.E NOWT and who exactly voted for her? well that we be no one then :hmm:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/9555578/Baroness-Ashton-absent-from-two-thirds-of-European-Commission-meetings.html

Edited by kdubya