Pogo sticks aka semi auto shotguns....

HDAV

So your saying I imagined the slapping of the action? And being hit in the bonce by empties? The felt recoil? And the faff of misfeeds?

How many shots is a fair chance? Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it isn't true ....... Or STUPID as you like to say......

Oddly my uncle (who's semi it is) would rather he kept the franchi he had before....

maybe you might be better suited to golf ???

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

see you can't do that on a full squad, and it could be a competitive advantage in a comp putting at least one competitor at 4 stations off his or her game....

I know, if it had have been full I'd have just walked off. Not a mega drama, just annoying enough to make me think they're better off in the field than when in that close proximity to other shooters

maybe you might be better suited to golf ???

Nah I'm **** at golf I don't have an issue with your choice of a semi I just can't understand it.

The clacking is my description of how I heard/felt the action cycling. It's was bang, whoosh, clunk, clack. So bang in happy with the whoosh came as the bolt went back then clunk as it hit the end of it travel, then clack as it we t forward again the whole time I feel it through my face shoulder hand. When I was stood 2 foot away I heard none of this, but being 2" from the action it seemed very pronounced. I was looking forward to having a go with it but horrified with the reality. It had an unusual to me rib that started in a groove in the action and this acted a bit like and unnatural rear sight (perhaps by design) I hit clays with it but after all the faff of loading, dropped carts, picking empties out of puddles, thorns, being tapped on the noggin I thought it would be at least pleasant to shoot!

Maybe you get used to it ??? All I know is I don't think I'll be bothering to try.... So call me stupid, call it the worst thread of the year but don't deny I tried one and didn't like it one bit.

I shot O/Us for years , brought a auto and never looked back , seems that you did not pick the best of guns to be trying one for the first time !

You may not have noticed much difference in recoil with 28g clay loads but once you start putting heavier shell through it then you certainly will .

The noise issue dissapears after a while , its just a case of the brain getting use to it .

If I shot clays seriously though I would still opt for a O/U but for pigeon / fowling etc they are unbeatable IMO , it is a pain clearing up after a good session though !

I agree with Gordon.cut the chap some slack.in used autos for years.after a break from shooting in bought a new caesar guerini.after shooting it for a year I tried an auto belonging to a friend.hand on heart I would never use one at clays again.that said I'm going to look at a remmy 1100 for hide shooting.in always was an auto fan but after the break have to say I noticed it cycling.something that never bothered me before.I ll stick to an over under for clays all day long

always was an auto fan but after the break have to say I noticed it cycling.something that never bothered me before.I ll stick to an over under for clays all day long

glad I'm not the only one feels the cycling and doesn't like it, I understand you would get used to it after many 1000's of shells.

Please - can we cut HDAV some slack.Honest lad who posts what he honestly feels.I agree with some of what he said, but some of the comments are way OTT.

Quite.

I for one detest 'clacky' semis, I own a Remi 1100 which I love. The worst semi I ever used was that Beretta Ugg/Uug (can't remember what it was called, but the one that ejected downwards) and it was a truly hideous experience.

Worst thread ever? My bum hole is it. A pic of a couple of deceased rabbits and a few "gr8 pix m8" would beat it hands down.

UGB 25 Xcel? I saw one of those being used at my local trap ground a few weeks ago faff and a half the guy had to carry a magnet to take unfired shells out of the breach... Wouldn't have expected that to be clacky as designed for clays but there you go learn something new every day!

UGB 25 Xcel? I saw one of those being used at my local trap ground a few weeks ago faff and a half the guy had to carry a magnet to take unfired shells out of the breach... Wouldn't have expected that to be clacky as designed for clays but there you go learn something new every day!

It's a vile and infernal machine.

there like marmite you either love em, or hate em ,personally I love my a400 xtreme use it for everything except pheasant shooting still to much snobbery about concerning autos ,they don't quite fit in with the tweed and moleskin .lol .but what ever you shoot with enjoy it and stop bitching ,and I always pick my empty's up. even if they are in my mates hood.

The Benneli action is fast, the Franchie gassers are ok, a soft sensation more than anything and the early Berreta's and Browning B80 were good but thier modern examples don't float my boat at all. The Hatsan needs tuning from the get go, they feel like a bucket of sand has been tipped on them! The Remmies arg good but can break. I had an Ithaca auto donkeis years ago, that kept breaking but boy could I shoot it! Shame.

Give me a simple long recoiler like an al48 anyday. Nowt go wrong, apart from to much oil on the magtube and dropping it and cracking the stock :sad1: .

U.