which semi-auto???

olivhar01

Ok guys i know this question has been thrashed before on here , but im off this week to buy a semi - auto with my hard earned cash. can i have some honest replys on what is good out there on the market? I have tried the winchester sx3 but found the comb too low and did not fit me. Im a big chap so looking for a high comb and good fitting stock, budget is up to £1000.00

Thanks for your input and happy new year :)

Cal

It's a pity that you're so far away.

I'm sure that a Bernardelli Mega Sporting would suit you well.

I sold one on Christmas Eve to a local shooter, he telephoned me to tell me how pleased he was with the gun, he went on to add that he shot it for the first time at his clubs Boxing Day shoot which he won.

Nice one Adam.

webber

I have shot many Beretta 300 series, have owned Remington 11-87's, Franchi 620; still own a Browning 2000 and a Winchester 1500 XTR and have liked them all. Mate has just bought himself a Browning Fusion which comes up right on the button, is balanced bang on and looks good. I'm over six foot so perhaps a Browning may suit?

You might consider trying the Webley and Scott 820, I got one a year ago to use everyday as my decent gun was getting scratched and battered. It has impressed me no end, cycles everything I feed it (including light 21g clay loads) and needs only a quick wipe with a dry cloth after each outing. Only cost me £350 and would reccomend it to anyone.

ATB

Timb

Benelli M2 26" barrel in the pigeon hide for me, had mine several years now and never missed a beat. Inertia recoil reloading saves on a lot of cleaning as opposed to inertia recoil. I have had Winchesters, Brownings and berettas but prefer the Benelli. If it has a problem it sometimes jams with light loads (24grm) but other than that I think they are one of the best on the market.

You could look at a versa max, they are quite a chunky gun and suit the larger shooter well, also very reliable and comfy to shoot.

Do bear in mind though, that if you like the look of the winchester or other auto's, most of them come with shims so the stock's hight and length can be adjusted.

You could look at a versa max, they are quite a chunky gun and suit the larger shooter well, also very reliable and comfy to shoot.

Do bear in mind though, that if you like the look of the winchester or other auto's, most of them come with shims so the stock's hight and length can be adjusted.

You can also buy higher soft comb inserts that fit into the versamax stock .