THE OFFICIAL PW FAT OFF THREAD

smig4373

Having lost over 5 stone in 5 months at the start of last year Im living proof it can be done .

Takes a little bit of self control and hard work , But if it was in fact easy , We would all have perfect bodies all the time I suppose .

In the sprit of trying to be helpful , Ill quickly post a few of the things I found to be of help to myself , But agree its not for everyone .

(1) Eat whatever you want , But if you are in fact trying to lose weight , Just keep a mindful eye on what your eating . You dont have to live off rabbit food , But by the same token , You also dont want to be living off kebab and chips .

(2) Only eat when you are hungrey , Not all weak and shaky , But on a scale of 1 to 10 You want to try to keep to within about 4-6 range . 1 being staving , 10 Being completly stuffed .

(3) Make eating a real event , Take your time over eating , Slow right down and really chew and savour the tastes . You should find you are eating at about the quarter the speed than you are used to .

(4) Stop when you have had enough , Again going back to the 1-10 scale , Stop when you are at about 6ish , If after an hour you feel like you are hungrey again , You eat .

(5) Drink plently of water , About 3-5 ltrs .

(6) Only eat when you are hungrey , NOT because its lunchtime , Not because everyone else is eating , Not because your bored or stressed etc....

(7) Find something healthy to snack on , If you find your a snacker , Dont have biscuits or crisps etc... Try any fruit or veg instead .

(8) Cut out the sugary drinks .

(9) Lastly , (Now Ive bored everyone to death!) Find a type of cardio you enjoy , If you enjoy it , The chances are you will stick with it , Powerwalking , Static bike , Cross trainer , Bag work etc... Something that rasies your heart rate , Gets a bit of a sweat on and makes you slightly out of breath . And you want to work up to and do it for a min of 20 minutes , 30 is better of course .

A lot of people tend to over think their training , And its really all down to if you want to lose weight , You just burn off more cals than you take it .

It really only ever comes down to one very simple question.... How bad do you want it?

Good luck with it anyway guys , And sticking with it is half the battle .

All the best .

Andy .

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having lost over 5 stone in 5 months at the start of last year Im living proof it can be done .

Takes a little bit of self control and hard work , But if it was in fact easy , We would all have perfect bodies all the time I suppose .

In the sprit of trying to be helpful , Ill quickly post a few of the things I found to be of help to myself , But agree its not for everyone .

(1) Eat whatever you want , But if you are in fact trying to lose weight , Just keep a mindful eye on what your eating . You dont have to live off rabbit food , But by the same token , You also dont want to be living off kebab and chips .

(2) Only eat when you are hungrey , Not all weak and shaky , But on a scale of 1 to 10 You want to try to keep to within about 4-6 range . 1 being staving , 10 Being completly stuffed .

(3) Make eating a real event , Take your time over eating , Slow right down and really chew and savour the tastes . You should find you are eating at about the quarter the speed than you are used to .

(4) Stop when you have had enough , Again going back to the 1-10 scale , Stop when you are at about 6ish , If after an hour you feel like you are hungrey again , You eat .

(5) Drink plently of water , About 3-5 ltrs .

(6) Only eat when you are hungrey , NOT because its lunchtime , Not because everyone else is eating , Not because your bored or stressed etc....

(7) Find something healthy to snack on , If you find your a snacker , Dont have biscuits or crisps etc... Try any fruit or veg instead .

(8) Cut out the sugary drinks .

(9) Lastly , (Now Ive bored everyone to death!) Find a type of cardio you enjoy , If you enjoy it , The chances are you will stick with it , Powerwalking , Static bike , Cross trainer , Bag work etc... Something that rasies your heart rate , Gets a bit of a sweat on and makes you slightly out of breath . And you want to work up to and do it for a min of 20 minutes , 30 is better of course .

A lot of people tend to over think their training , And its really all down to if you want to lose weight , You just burn off more cals than you take it .

It really only ever comes down to one very simple question.... How bad do you want it?

Good luck with it anyway guys , And sticking with it is half the battle .

All the best .

Andy .

This is how I see it really. I'm not dieting as such but cutting out all the carp I eat between meals. Have given up coffee as I can't stand the stuff without sugar(and sugar is a real weight gainer) but am keeping the honey I put in my porridge every morning.

I can't jog as my knees are shagged, and would love to cycle but it brays hell out of my sciatica, but can handle oodles of walking which I do anyhow, and beating builds up a good head of steam on our rough shoot, so when season ends dog walks will become power walks.

Haven't had any crisps for 4 days which is good for me; when feeling peckish crisps are the first port of call.

Any video footage of you and the hoola hoop Mrs Sweepy?

A few of us joined slimming world summer last year. Really easy to stick to diet, no faffing about, never hungry and had a few beers two or three times a week. I lost 3 stone and reached my target weight making me a life member. Well worth a go if you are serious about loosing weight. Back to basics, proper food and less **** that we all know is no good to you.

atvb Paul.

Oh yes :lol::lol: blame the cloths

I have to blame something! :lol: About to go for a long walk with the dog so about 50,000 calories to burn off....

in my opinion the human body is a very poor design.

the top hole is bigger than the bottom hole.......................................... :lol:

Love it!! :lol::lol: :lol:

It's worse than I thought! got new scales ( the digital type) and it's officially 18 st 11 3/4 . This was just after dinner tonight and I had some heavy clothes on! :lol:

That reminds me a couple of years ago I got a new wax jacket and it was getting on for spring I only wore it a few times before putting it away for next winter you will never believe this when winter came around I got it out to and put it only and to my horror it had shrunk I could hardly do the zip up. :whistling:

Well tomorrow is the big day for all those involved to publicise their weight.

How are we going to record and update this scheme?

I want (need) to lose about 1.5 stone (20/21lb). :/

It is the wife's 65th birthday dinner this evening with the kids and grandkids, last night we were out with my brother and his wife for a meal, so tomorrow, now cannot come soon enough :good: .

The gammy leg is playing up, and that is normally a sign of being a bit heavy, so I am very keen to get underway :yes: .

Good luck to everyone taking part, leys hope we can raise a little bit of money to help others as well as helping ourselves in the process :yahoo: .

I would suggest we could all add a ticker to our PW signatures...here is an example

Edit: example didn't work, give me a few minutes

I am starting tomorrow with a strict diet but then off to Wales on Wednesday for 3 days for the famous woodcock shoot so may not do too well this week lol!

.png

That one worked...they are all a little effeminate but would be a good way to display weight loss on here...go to

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet/weight-tracker/

To create yours then copy the forum code and paste in here or on your PW signature.

Ps. That is an example and not my real weight, I am probably heavier lol! We should all use the same units so for the older members' benefits I suggest pounds.

Edited by oscarsdad

need a talk through to do this i cant get the scale?????

You need to put in your start weight in pounds, then again as current weight, then target weight. Click next step. Then choose background, click on circle next to chosen one. Click next step. Choose slider, click on circle next to chosen one. Click next step.

Then copy the text under "forum code" and paste it in here under your signature on your under control panel.

It should look something like this:

url=url="http://www.3fatchicks.com/"]http://www.3fatchicks.com/[/url img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar04/slider-pig/lb/155/140/155/.png[/im[/url

But with [ at the beginning and ] at the end.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by southern

You need to put in your start weight in pounds, then again as current weight, then target weight. Click next step. Then choose background, click on circle next to chosen one. Click next step. Choose slider, click on circle next to chosen one. Click next step.

Then copy the text under "forum code" and paste it in here under your signature on your under control panel.

It should look something like this:

url=url="http://www.3fatchicks.com/"]http://www.3fatchicks.com/[/url img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar04/slider-pig/lb/155/140/155/.png[/im[/urlhttp://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar04/slider-pig/lb/155/140/155/.png[/im[/url[/url]

But with [ at the beginning and ] at the end.

Hope this helps :)

Good idea. Here is mine. (Hopefully)