THE OFFICIAL PW FAT OFF THREAD

smig4373

The recipe below has a little cream in it but generally is pretty good for us fools that are trying with varying degrees of success to lose weight.

It only takes a few minutes to prepare and cook, so quick and easy and very simple.

Pasta cotto con Crema Zuccini e Acciuga

Serves 2

200 grams pasta

Sauce:
2 large courgettes (zucchini) – peeled & grated
4 large cloves garlic
finely chopped chillies – the number depends on how hot you can take it!
1 small red onion or a few spring onions finely chopped
6 anchovies chopped
2 tablespoons cream
liberal fresh ground black pepper
salt (optional as the anchovies are salty)

butter or olive oil for cooking – a good measure
parmesan and black pepper to serve

large frying pan or wok

Whilst pasta is boiling, grate the courgettes (usual cheese grater), chop the onions and crush the garlic. In the heated pan fry the onions, garlic, chillies and anchovies in the oil/butter until they are soft and the anchovies have ‘melted down’. Add the grated courgettes, black pepper and cream and stir, for 1 – 2 minutes only then add the drained pasta and mix well together.
Serve with a liberal dusting of freshly grated parmesan and black pepper with a crispy green side salad.

If you wish at the end add a bag of ready cooked muscles or any seafood medley.

This is absolutely scrumptious!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We did this one tonight, it's a weight watchers recipe and is surprisingly tasty as well as healthy and low fat. Only thing we found was that it was too cheesy, so reduced the soft cheese to 150g.

Ingredients

225 g Haddock, raw, Smoked, skinless

225 g Salmon, grilled, fillets, skinless

1 leaf/leaves Bay leaf, dry

1 teaspoons Black Pepper

175 ml Skimmed Milk

125 g Prawns, Peeled & Cooked, cooked

200 g Medium Fat Soft Cheese

120 g Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais,
2 tsp parsley, chopped

For the topping:

1 medium Leek, sliced

700 g Potato(es), Raw, peeled and cut into large chunks

1/2 tablespoons (level) Wholegrain Mustard

Serves 4

Instructions

• Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180ºC/fan oven 160ºC. Place the haddock and salmon in a small roasting tin, add the bay leaf, pepper and pour the milk over. Cover tightly with a piece of baking parchment and cook for about 10 minutes or until the fish just starts to flake. Strain the milk into a jug, then break the fish into pieces and place in a 1.25 litre (2 pint) baking dish (discard the bay leaf). Scatter the prawns on top.
  • Meanwhile, whisk together 100ml of the strained, reserved milk with the soft cheese and fromage frais. Add the parsley and season to taste, then pour the sauce over the fish.
  • Cook the leek in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain well. In another pan, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15–20 minutes or until tender. Drain, then mash with the mustard and the remaining strained milk. Stir in the leeks and season to taste.
  • Top the pie with the leek mash, spreading the mixture out with the back of a fork. Cook for 25 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling, then place under a preheated grill for 5 minutes to brown the mash.
Edited by -Mongrel-

The recipe below has a little cream in it but generally is pretty good for us fools that are trying with varying degrees of success to lose weight.

It only takes a few minutes to prepare and cook, so quick and easy and very simple.

Pasta cotto con Crema Zuccini e Acciuga

Serves 2

200 grams pasta

Sauce:

2 large courgettes (zucchini) – peeled & grated

4 large cloves garlic

finely chopped chillies – the number depends on how hot you can take it!

1 small red onion or a few spring onions finely chopped

6 anchovies chopped

2 tablespoons cream

liberal fresh ground black pepper

salt (optional as the anchovies are salty)

butter or olive oil for cooking – a good measure

parmesan and black pepper to serve

large frying pan or wok

Whilst pasta is boiling, grate the courgettes (usual cheese grater), chop the onions and crush the garlic. In the heated pan fry the onions, garlic, chillies and anchovies in the oil/butter until they are soft and the anchovies have ‘melted down’. Add the grated courgettes, black pepper and cream and stir, for 1 – 2 minutes only then add the drained pasta and mix well together.

Serve with a liberal dusting of freshly grated parmesan and black pepper with a crispy green side salad.

If you wish at the end add a bag of ready cooked muscles or any seafood medley.

This is absolutely scrumptious!

Does Highbird70 know you are giving out Italian recipes Terry? He's banned me from cooking Italian lol!

I have lost 3lbs this week, not sure how I managed it.

I think staying in due to the bad weather doesn't help, I seem to graze all day, too many teas and add on's.

Still at least I am going, albeit slowly, in the right direction..

I hope everyone else is getting there, it really is up and down and slowly slowly, but we will get there in the end.

Speak to you all again next week.

Missed last weeks weigh in and have had two weeks of mostly random munching so only 3 1/4lbs lost but still better than nothing.Feeling better for it and the troosers are nay feeling so much pressure either.

This weight loss 3 1/4lbs.

Total loss 11 1/4lbs.

001_zpsc9d343b4.jpg

You may want to take those socks off mate... by the look of them, they weight in excess of 1lb :lol:

think i am fighting a losing battle with this one

had the new kitchen fitted at work and i am in the process of creating some new pies at work

new recipe porkpie

chicken and ham

cheese and ham slices

home made black pudding etc

you just have to check everything before i put it out for sale

wouldn't want to sell anything that don't taste top notch

colin

Weigh in was late this morning due to me being out stalking. When I got back I forgot to weigh in and had a couple of brews and some breakfast. Result 1Ib lost but that should look good for next week if I remember to do it first thing, said he confidently :rolleyes: . Not to worry though the doctor said that I am better to lose it slowly :lol: .

think i am fighting a losing battle with this one

had the new kitchen fitted at work and i am in the process of creating some new pies at work

new recipe porkpie

chicken and ham

cheese and ham slices

home made black pudding etc

you just have to check everything before i put it out for sale

wouldn't want to sell anything that don't taste top notch

colin

Will we get to taste these delights on the 1st? :good::lol: