decent wellies

eddoakley

Can someone reccomend a decent pair of wellies please.

Dont want to spend a fortune as dont really wear them often as I prefer boots but need a pair so dont want to buy rubbish?

Need zip/buckle sides, maybe upto £100 and proven quality (not "these look good" kind of suggestions)

thanks in advance

Edd

Thanks. Anyone actually triedthe jack pyke hunter wellies?

Yes I have , the first lasted a week before they had a hole in the sole , the second pair lasted about 6 months before they fell to bits and on both pairs the insoles fell to bits after wearing them twice

I now use Muckboots muckmasters and they are great , very warm and comfortable , if you need a zip due to large calfs the muckboots do stretch a fair bit as they are a neoprene upper so may be worth a look.

Another vote for Seeland's (so far, so good)

Finally binned my Chameau's today, they were a good 12 years old, but they don't make them like that any more, not by a long way...

looked at spending the extra for the chameaus but wasnt impressed with them. If I had felt that they were quality I would have stumped up the cash.

Seelands are looking favourites upto now.

keep the reviews coming.

cheers guys

Working man loves muck boots, why buckles does it make you shoot better ???

I always had Wellies with zips up as. I found it hard to get boots on and off as I have big calves but tried muck boots and the neoprene makes it easy to get them on and off totally different to what I had tried before.

Would never change, my feet have never been cold, the grip is excellent.

My opinions anyway :)

Tay sport vibram soles if you Don't like I'll buy them off you if there a 9....

Edited by delburt0

Another vote for Seeland's (so far, so good)

Finally binned my Chameau's today, they were a good 12 years old, but they don't make them like that any more, not by a long way...

I treated meself to these seeland wellies for xmas only used them 3 times but they are very warm thick neoprene lined could of had some hunters for same price but they don,t look tough and hard wearing enough to me , these are made from tough rubber that's the reason I got them after buying cheaper ones for years that leaked after a few seasons can only see how these stand up

post-21887-0-64818100-1388783410_thumb.jpg

I've got muckboots taysport, which are great, but if I was to buy another pair, it would be Harkila wellingtons. I tried a pair on when I was looking for some boots. Really comfortable. A little bit more than your budget, but I think they're worth that bit extra.

You know with Harkila that they're going to be quality.

Do a search on google for reviews.

Edited by caeser

My Versnord neoprene boots are approaching 11 years old now, I wear them every day dog walking. They have seen me through 8 seasons beating, still plenty of tread on them and my feet

are dry and warm. Rather than buy 3 pairs boots, just buy one, you'll be saving money in the long run.

Hi mate

I went to decathlon over Christmas and brought some 5mm neoprene for £60. What can I say - best £60 I've ever spent.

There that good in fact that my father-in-law is gonna buy some to replace his aigles!! Mainly cous they have kick off spurs aswell so there a piece of **** to get off

Edited by markshaw2000