bettinsoli trade in value.

lister1

As per title really.

i have a bettinsoli diamond x that is 5yrs old. Has all its original hard case; manual and chokes.

top condition, i was thinking of trading it against something more suited to the foreshore, perhaps a sx3 with 3.5" chamber.

anyone have an idea of what i should be getting as a trade in value?

Guntrader tonight cheapert bettinsoli diamond

Trap £400

Sporter. £425

Sporter £450

Sporter £475

Others more expensive

New £700-800ish

Taking the dealer profit off those prices you have. the trade in values......... Now what profit does a dealer add ???

Guest cookoff013

You'd probably better selling it private than trading against a new gun

+1

yes.

go to your local shop and ask how much. you`ll be surprised on how little it will be worth to them.

then there is nothing stopping you selling it privately for more than the dealer is willing to pay.

either way you`ll get screwed or only 1/2 screwed.

£700 Minus vat =583

£583-£400=£183

Divide by three years = £36 a year depreciation

Not bad going

you cant minus the vat as you will have to pay it unless it is for business use, so it has to be factored in, but agree with depreciation costs as even adding the vat back on its still a cheap gun for 3 yrs use.

The dealer will haggle that he can obviously but the gun ex vat, minus his profit he is probably buying new not far off £500 so giving you £400 for yours might be pushing it , however lets say you traded it in for another gun at his asking price, he makes his profit on the new gun , then will sell your for £475 so he has made money on both and can only charge vat on the margin on the used gun.

dealers are always happy to trade guns in as they make profit on both guns, its a no brainer, as if he sells to a straight (ie not gay :lol: ) buyer he loses margin on the new gun, i work in sales and always want trade ins as you can charge your advertised price for your goods, it makes me laugh when i see dealers saying XYZ gun is £1000 cash or £1050 px price, i cant believe people actually pay the extra

Doubt you would get £400 trade in but may.

Got £400 for mine as a trade in, depends on what you trade it in against and what profit the Rfd is making, plus my Rfd I do quite a bit of business with so to him probably worth paying slightly more as no doubt he will get it back over the years

i work in sales and always want trade ins as you can charge your advertised price for your goods, it makes me laugh when i see dealers saying XYZ gun is £1000 cash or £1050 px price, i cant believe people actually pay the extra

I thought it was illegal to charge/advertise more for a trade in sale at least in the motor trade....