hedd-wyn

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'UKIP Councillor Blames Floods On Gay Marriage'

Christ on a bike, I've heard it all now :lol:

http://news.sky.com/story/1197250/ukip-councillor-blames-floods-on-gay-marriage

heard worse from a politician anyway (guess what on :lol: ) and who knows he may have a point.after all we have politicians telling us we are in a global warming crisis :whistling: and now scientists are telling us that as the sun has gone to sleep, and the Thames is about to freeze over and we are going to get very cold and LONG winters in future.

KW

Edited by kdubya

heard worse from a politician anyway (guess what on :lol: ) and who knows he may have a point.after all we have politicians telling us we are in a global warming crisis :whistling: and now scientists are telling us that as the sun has gone to sleep, and the Thames is about to freeze over and we are going to get very cold and LONG winters in future.

KW

... and I read it on the Sky News page :lol:

I guess they do prioritise after all

More to do with the fella's religion than his politics.

He was a Tory until recently, I'll bet there are plenty of others whispering the same sort of stuff behind closed doors.

strange things happen after all we may have just had another immaculate conception?

KW

Farage really needs to get this typelon lunacy in check. Let's the party down.

I think it says more about Farage and UKIP that they don't censure him.

He has every right to air his religious views, and that's what they are, nothing to do with politics. As I said before I'll wager there are plenty of others, of all parties, with similar views who hide in the shadows.

He has every right to air his religious views, and that's what they are, nothing to do with politics. As I said before I'll wager there are plenty of others, of all parties, with similar views who hide in the shadows.

this says it all for me makes me want to vote for them even more? seems they actually believe in free speech, something sadly missing in these times of being jailed for what you say rather than what you do.

UKIP's official position is that it supports same-sex civil partnerships but opposes same-sex marriages.

However, a spokesperson for the party said: "If the media are expecting UKIP to either condemn or condone someone's personal religious views they will get absolutely no response.

"Whether Jain or Sikh or Buddhist or Sufi or Zoroastrian or Jewish or Muslim or Baptist or Hindu or Catholic or Ba'Hai or Animist or any other mainstream, or minor religion or movement, we are taught as a tolerant society to accept a diversity of ideologies.

"Freedom to individual thought and expression is a central tenet of any open minded and democratic country.

"It is quite evident that this is not the party's belief but the councillor's own, and he is more than entitled to express independent thought despite whether or not other people may deem it standard or correct.

"That is what makes the United Kingdom such a wonderful, proud, diverse and free country."

KW

Really ? You consider it a plus point that they allow policies to be decided by their imaginary sky-fairy friends ?

no I support free speech without having to worry that few oversensitive souls may be offended.oh and of course the fact its not one of their policies but that may have been a bit hard for you to pick up

KW

Edited by kdubya

Undoubtedly, I think all religious nuttery of this sort should be kept in private,

Undoubtedly, I think all religious nuttery of this sort should be kept in private,

He is airing his view, his right of speech and belief, what he is saying is reflected in the bible which he obviously believes as do many millions of people around the world including myself, he is not holding back and giving the flowery version that people accept in the odd wedding, funeral or christening that they go to, I bet if more ministers spoke like this guy churches would be packed, this is my opinion yet I do not slate or condemn you for yours

Well, well, it's come to it when believing in what's in The Bible- the Good Book- makes you a figure of fun (or maybe a suicide bomber). Where's Henry when a fellow man of faith needs him? The point about freedom of speech is a good one. We may well judge the man to be a bit of a nutter- we having recognised religion as the ludicrous nonsense it clearly is- but we must support his right to speak his mind. Meantime, however, let's not forget the reality of the loss of free speech in this country due to the power of the PC brigade and the threat of Muslim violence.

He is airing his view, his right of speech and belief, what he is saying is reflected in the bible which he obviously believes as do many millions of people around the world including myself, he is not holding back and giving the flowery version that people accept in the odd wedding, funeral or christening that they go to, I bet if more ministers spoke like this guy churches would be packed, this is my opinion yet I do not slate or condemn you for yours

As a Christian, do you believe that gay marriages were to blame for the floods?