Anyone shoot a Remington 1100 skeet?

haggis

Thinking about getting one for missus to shoot she didn't find the versa max too heavy and that's a 8lb gun as well. The versamax is outa my price range but a good deal at £750 new!

Do you shoot clays with yours?

Edited by haggis

I've had a skeet choked 1100 for years and use it for skeet, hide and rough shooting. Great with rough shooting and clear pigeon cartridges. Very nice smooth shooting gun, it's the second one I've had. The first one was a bit more clunky when cycling the second shot at skeet.

I've had the odd cycling problem with skeet cartridges but nothing major. Nice gun.

I had one and loved it used it for decoying and a bit of fun at clays found the Skeet choke was closer to a 1/4 pattern.

I would still have as I'd redone the wood cut the chequering and had the barrel reblacked but someone asked to try it at a clay shoot so I let him why not? He then badgered me to sell it to him, in the end he offered me £500 cash, miss it at times.

• 5 months later...

Just to chime in. I got myself an 1100 trap.(imp cyl choke) As it was the only thing left handed in my price range

Love it to bits. Handles good cycles well if not a little fussy on cartridges

And its great for rabbits! Obviously I dont have the range with that choke but it does the job well