best pellets for rabbits?

timmyra608

It don't matter what shape or brand, it just has to shoot well from your gun. .177 domed .20 in a hollow point, .22 in a flat head or a pointed from a .25 they will all be deadly in the right place at the correct range on appropriate quarry. Many brands are the same pellet re-badged

Lighter weight pellets often do better from springers and gas rams, but no definites on that one

Try a few brands and go with the most accurate domed pellet. A good starting place would be AirArms Field 4.52 or JSB Exact 4.52.

ATB

Matt

+1

totally agree, use whatever your rifle groups well with (domed) and stick with them

atb Evo

Hi all what pellets would people recommend for using on rabbits? i have a .177 bsa lightning which has been changed from a spring to a gas ram? any help and advice would be much appreciated.

am hoping after a bit of saving will be able to afford to buy a pcp

many thanks

Tim

Give the Defiant pellets a go. They are a very well made domed, lubricated pellet available in 3 head sizes: - 4.48, 4.50 & 4.52. They do a trial pack so you can see which head size suits your barrel and gives you the best accuracy.

don't listen to others they have not got your individual gun/barrel. the best pellet for any quarry is the one you and your rifle can put in the right spot every time!

you need to try as many different types as possible with your gun at every range.

happy hunting

Try reading my post #9 above!!!

Others have given similar advice, you clearly haven't read the whole thread thoroughly.

don't listen to others they have not got your individual gun/barrel. the best pellet for any quarry is the one you and your rifle can put in the right spot every time!

you need to try as many different types as possible with your gun at every range.

happy hunting

:mad: Charming. Try reading some of the good advice and links above. :smartass:

Try reading my post #9 above!!!

Others have given similar advice, you clearly haven't read the whole thread thoroughly.

Sorry all, I didn't mean to offend anyone....you are right :innocent:

I think I was ranting about accuracy, rather than a specific type of pellet to suit rabbits or a type of gun.

but if you are looking for my favoured pellet through my ten different BSA spring guns it would be RWS superdome with eley wasp blue tin a close second ! some of mine shoot better with different brands but most don't.

my FAC goldstar loves H&N Baracuda Match but the HW 90 (gas ram) hates them, but shoots bisley magnums well :rolleyes: no telling what will work until you try.

• 3 weeks later...

I have ten Rifles and RWS Superdomes or Superfields work well in most Barrels.

Have a look at www.pelletperfect.co.uk and www.airgunpellet.co.uk

Superdomes used to be my pellet of choice in my air rifle days, head shots only though. Eley Wasps if still available are also worth a go, lighter than Superdomes so may drift more. Keep the range under 30 yards and ideally shoot from a well supported or prone position. Zero at 25 yards.

A