Name that knot please

harrycatcat1

A mate of mine used to drive a lorry and when he was "sheeting up" he used to put two ends of the rope together twist one into a loop and I have forgot what he did after but he used to pull it down to get it tight and it didnt release but just pulled part of the rope/knot and it released easy.

I cant ask him to show me as he is dead. Do you know please???? Link to youtube???

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Hcc

Sounds like one of these,most truckers use them as you can get good tension.It was the knot shown to me when i did my course in the army.

That looks very useful as well I want to fasten a tarpaulin onto a trailer tent I fetched from south Wales as it keeps being blown off with the knots I have been using :blush::blush:

Thanks

Its not that one I was looking for but that looks useful as well

My thoughts, as well.

*This* is what my father taught me, although he taught me to tie it in a slightly different manner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-78wNQxofZ4
Here's another which I *really* like:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versatackle_knot

Regards,

Mark.

That looks very useful as well I want to fasten a tarpaulin onto a trailer tent I fetched from south Wales as it keeps being blown off with the knots I have been using :blush::blush:

Thanks

With your tarp grap each corner one at a time turn about a foot of it in your hand wrap some of the rope around it then tie that down on the trailer, then do the other side. Then work your way along the trailer then do the same with the other end of the trailer and twist the corners again. This will help hold tarp in place better and it wont flap about.