Bisley

deadeye ive

map-local.jpg

NB. After leaving the M3 at junction 3 and heading south (towards Woking & Guildford etc) Queens Road will be found after the third roundabout (which is not shown on this map)on the A322.

The first roundabout is by the Gordon's School/ junction with B311 & A319. The second near the village of West End, is at the junction with Fellow Green and the third roundabout is after a sports field, on the right and Bisley common on the left. Then about 1/4 mile further, round the bend and turn right (at traffic lights) into Queens Road. The gate into Bisley camp is just after a sign saying "Salsa" near where the limit reduces to 40mph, there is a sudden dip here and a left hand bend, which you won't see as visibility isn't very good, you need to make a sharp right into the camp, half way through the bend.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total joke the decision to stop all shooting, like you say we were already there, we were welcome to ponce about wherever we wanted for as long as we wanted but not to shoot.

Quite a few disappointed faces I have to say, mind I think it might have come as a relief to a couple :good:

Absolutely fantastic time, snotty you are a proper mentalist - thanks for letting me shoot your cannon :)

Great to meet a few more people, sorry about the snared wilderbeast snoring :(

When I turned up after lunch you'd all gone home, my clayshoot wasn't cancelled and that was no further from Pirbright. Some people are just too ready to spoil the fun in the name of political correctness, blooming ridiculous :(

My camera microphone can't handle the wall gun, so KABOOOM comes out like a stifled sneeze, whatever, here's a movie, you'll just have to imagine the bang :good:

http://www.robinhewitt.net/bizzers2.wmv <6Mb

Official word from the NRA,

Foot and Mouth.

Due to the local outbreak of foot and mouth we are currently closed for shooting.

As soon as we have any further information we will update this website.

This is a temporary precautionary closure, we are taking advice from DEFRA and expect to re-open again on Tuesday with the appropriate safety measures in place.

Glynn Alger

It was a bit of a *****r that the shooting was cancelled as I had a date with a fiver out of Munglers wallet. I was also looking forward to shooting at 300 and 600 yards.

Still it was a bloody good weekend with the highlights having to be LB's excursion on PIN's scooter saturday night, only for him to return after crashing into a mercedes and having to give his insurance details :good:

It was good to see some old faces and some new faces and thanks to Sussex lad for letting me crash in the Sussex Hilton. That guy really has got camping sorted out.

It was the first time in about 28years that I had camped at Bisley and I did say I would never do it again, but after this weekend I can't wait for the next one.

Cheers guys

Nice to met you all briefly yesterday, should have stayed longer but managed to double book the day!

I believe the shooting today was cancelled as the Army are going into the Danger Area to cull all the deer due to F&M hence no shooting.