Prvi-Partizan

theshootist

Does anyone else use this ammunition? With the cost of most ammunition I have always reloaded for my CF rifles, but recently I have been trying the 50gn and 55gn soft point Prvi Partizan in my .22-250. The results have been good with the PP shooting pretty similar groups to my reloads at 100m and at under £13 a box! Makes me wonder whether to bother reloading!

I'm also going to try the 150 SP in .308.

Only use PPU ammunition through my triple. My rifle groups 3/4moa with them and I can buy them at £9.50 a box. Absolutely no point in worrying about better accuracy. I know 1/2moa is easily achievable with 50 grain Hornady vmax, but they're over twice the price and for that, what's 1/4 of an inch? Home loads will inherently be more accurate still, but that means buying everything to set up in reloading, and that will definitely cost more than 47p per shot!

I use some PPU tried 50gn SP in 222 through my new (to me) CZ 527 and it grouped well one ragged hole at 100 yds. When I used 58 vmax in my 243 for foxing I had some 100 gn PPU in the safe for Deer. I broke down the cost of my 243 rounds based on getting 10 reloads per case it was 62p each not including time to make it. PPU at £12.50 (what I paid for the last box) is 62.5p so it is cheaper, but I'm loading 87 vmax and PPU is only available in 90's or 100's.

The 222 is £9.25 a box it may be cheaper to load on the basis of materials but might not be worth it.

If they go well in the gun why not,I have two .222s, my cz527 hates them but my tikka M595 shoots under an inch at 100 yards with 50g ppu.

If they go well in the gun why not,I have two .222s, my cz527 hates them but my tikka M595 shoots under an inch at 100 yards with 50g ppu.

Oops