Moderator for .223

Woodlander

MAE T12 in a scout format, never tried on .223 but works fantastic on Hornet and to acceptable levels on .243 win (bear in mind bigger is always better baffles being equal) This extra size adds weight though hence I mention the smaller scout version of the T12 (available through JMS arms).

A-Tec are very well made and do the job perfectly.

webber

Amen!

I have an A-TEC CMM4 on my .223, they are very light (220g almost the same weight as a SAK) so don't wreck the balance of your gun in the same way as a thunking great 1kg stainless one will (e.g a predator).

The initial baffle ports are stainless, also it's made in modular screw sections so you can always extend or shorten it or replace sections.

http://www.a-tec.no/en/silencers

:good::good::good:

Edited by 1in9

Amen!

I have an A-TEC CMM4 on my .223, they are very light (220g almost the same weight as a SAK) so don't wreck the balance of your gun in the same way as a thunking great 1kg stainless one will (e.g a predator).

The initial baffle ports are stainless, also it's made in modular screw sections so you can always extend or shorten it or replace sections.

http://www.a-tec.no/en/silencers

:good::good::good:

The Predator 8 Compact for a .223 weighs 591g, I have just cleaned mine and weighed it. The Full P8 weighs approx. 170g more, even the P12 weighs less than 1Kg, (who in their right mind would even consider a P12 on a .223, the Compact is more than adequate) and the Titanium version is less again.

By all means use what you want but don't put them down on incorrect data, certainly not light, but there is a lot of difference between 591g and 1Kg! :good:

Edited by Dekers

I have a pes t2. from JMS. I use it on the 270 also. It is really well made from stainless and quiet BUT it is big, long and heavy. It has really effected the barrel harmonics and has moved the point of aim by miles. I have reduced this by full beding of the action and barrel. It still shoots miles different on or off. I might look at a much, much smaller, smaller unit as I do a lot of walking and it is a pain getting hooked up on everything going. Good from out of the back of a truck though.

Ps. where do you guys get the info to compare all of these silencers from as most rfd's either have one or two types or none at all.

Don't get too wrapped up in weight, two often forgotten factors are 1. how far forwards the weight is reflex type fitting will always feel lighter than a muzzle can 2. moderator width. wide diameter cans catch a slot of side gusts, the least stable rifle in the aim I have ever used had a short barrel fully moderated barrel and it was a nightmare to hold in the aim off hand in a wind

ASE Utra Jet Z

A-Tec are very well made and do the job perfectly.

webber

Ignore all of the above! Get a third eye tactical spartan. Light, small and very quiet. I have had so many folks ask what it is and why it is so quiet. Very happy.

ase cqb is what you want. they do a cqbs also which is shorter

Anyone got any links to these cans? I've got a few slots on my ticket and I'd like a smaller lighter can for my 223 & 222 which would hold onto the same point of aim if possible. Has this shift of point of aim >> Can on /off? I've never heard of anyone mention this.

Moderator on nearly all guns will shoot lower 2-4"usually on a sporter at 100yards. Heavier barrelled, shorter barrelled and lighter recoiling rounds less so. If a gun shoots a different POI each time the can is removed an re-fitted then there are alignment issues some place