Pain balling

Paint balling   

71 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Fac holder and go paint balling

I've done it a few times on various stag do's and its a fun way of spending a day.Not fun when you get shot in the gentlemans region though.

Dont understand the Johnny Rambo reference though??? Just how many paintballers have gone loco over the years...? Perhaps Deershooter needs to try a few different things in his life because you're a long time dead.

I have tried a lot of things in life with the exception of incest and homosexuality as well as ileagle substances

Paint balling is one thing I have tried and it's just not for me after a life time of gun safety it just seemed wrong to run around the woods shooting at people .There were 20 of us from work which included 2 deerstalkers and one pheasant shooter all 3 of us said it was something we would never do again

Deershooter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horses for courses DS. THere is a big difference from a casual corporate day to playing league games as part of a team in matches.

Speedball for example requires a lot of tactics (and a lot of paint!) to be successfull. Yes it can hurt, but with the proper gear its minimised and in team games headshots and marker/gun hits do count as that is the only bit you usually ever see.. I used to go out with a 1000 paint on me.. Sometimes i'd come back empty and other times I probably didnt fire more than ten shots!

The 'Rambo' element was removed from the sport many, many years ago and as part of our prep talk any 'contact' was forbiddden. Its the corporate lot who think/pretend they are back in Nam digging foxholes and looking out for 'Charlie out on the wire'.

I can assure you that being hit as a marshal hurts 10x more than when you are playing.. !!

First started paintball before the semi's were introduced and had a phantom pump action gun with a splatmaster sidearm pistol. You had to have skill in those days ;)

I was in a team and also a marshall

Then the semi's came along and we opted for the bud orr autococker over the auto-mag which with hindsight was a mistake!

Havent played paintball now for 18 years. My lads birthday is coming up and toying with the idea of going out again. Still have all the kit.

Guest cookoff013

i did this a couple of times, last time i did i got knocked down on the floor and triple tapped in the back of the head, concussed and all. it is not fun.

I have tried a lot of things in life with the exception of incest and homosexuality as well as ileagle substances

Paint balling is one thing I have tried and it's just not for me after a life time of gun safety it just seemed wrong to run around the woods shooting at people .There were 20 of us from work which included 2 deerstalkers and one pheasant shooter all 3 of us said it was something we would never do again

Deershooter

So its not for you.Then simply leave it at that and mention no more about it.

What has having a fac got to do with paint balling may I ask?

I hold sgc/fac and have been a few times, is this wrong?

Don't get it? ????

I think the inference is that if you are into paintball and/or airsoft, you are obviously a walt/have a screw loose/are a wanabee rambo and therefore should not be allowed to have a real firearm as the only reason you want a firearm is obviously for one of the aforementioned reasons!

I think the inference is that if you are into paintball and/or airsoft, you are obviously a walt/have a screw loose/are a wanabee rambo and therefore should not be allowed to have a real firearm as the only reason you want a firearm is obviously for one of the aforementioned reasons!

Absolutely absurd, to even think such nonsense is foolish. The op should re-think to what he has just written.

I think to be fair most of the saner amongst us us can almost certainly tell the difference between shooting a lethal firearm in the field versus a bit of a crack with a paintball gun.

I must have been about a dozen times, but I won't be going paint-balling again. That's because rather than having anything against it, I'm 44 next month and, well, that's it really. My knees, lungs, back can't take it.

If others want to go, I'd happily do the bar and BBQ.

I think to be fair most of the saner amongst us us can almost certainly tell the difference between shooting a lethal firearm in the field versus a bit of a crack with a paintball gun.

I must have been about a dozen times, but I won't be going paint-balling again. That's because rather than having anything against it, I'm 44 next month and, well, that's it really. My knees, lungs, back can't take it.

If others want to go, I'd happily do the bar and BBQ.

44 your just a whipper snapper i played my last paintballing game at 46 lol

we could have a pw paintball dry run at the cotswold meet hehe

colin

Not a FAC holder, but SGC holder. I don't go paint balling, don't go regularly, as its expensive and just not hugely my cup of tea. Been for a few friends birthdays and we had a really good team of guys and we had good fun, i enjoyed the tactics sides of it to the game with an objective, it see it as harmless good fun, and don't remember it being quite as pain full as some recall; then again i never got shot in the balls.

That being said there is a certain hypocrisy in what i say. I can not abide by "airsoft". I have been once for a friends birthday and that was chocca with all kinds of wierdo's and johnny rambo'. "tactical" to the hilt it was just something i could not get on with. None played by the rules and many flat out cheated which just defeated the point of any games that were set up and it just seemed to be a load of guys shooting at each other. Me and a shooting buddy who was dragged a long by the same guy agreed that the whole thing sucked because so many people cheated. Plus for us as shooters who spend so much time around actual real guns, and have gun safety drilled in to ourselves through constant practice, pointing something so realistic at someone just felt so uncomfortable and unnatural. Ive not been back.

It's an expensive day out, and the guns aren't all that great (The ones at most centres anyhow) - but I do enjoy it when I do go on the odd occasion with a group of lad mates just for a blokes day out.

What's more amusing is the amount of people who you all like Rambo about it.

Last time I went I used hardly any ammo, I just shot at what I could see and sparingly to save air and ammo. Got loads of hits on people and hardly died at all during the day and didn't even need to pretend to be Rambo. Just let all my team mates go forth and get themselves killed all the while exposing the other side whilst me and my 2 mates just sat further back and plinked away. Good fun.

I have been caught in the knackers when in a kneeling position, and christ did it hurt! And I usually wear some old motorcycle gloves that were starting to break and I cut the fingertips off.

:stupid:

Should have a PW paintball comp :ninja:

The fun police walt-finder-general (in their minds) squad on here would never have that :rolleyes::lol:

No, I think the inferrence is that being drilled on gun safety for so many years makes it highly unnatural to point a 'gun' at someone and shoot intentionally. I handle all guns the same whether loaded, unloaded, rifle, shotgun, paint, pellet, etc. When I see someone exercising what I'd call questionable handling skills with a paintball gun (not in the field of play during a game), my brain automatically gets my body out of the way. I've corrected people before for pointing an empty paintball gun at someone (handling it in a garage for instance). Never know when that person will be out in the fields with a shotgun and be in the same situation.

thanks,

rick

No, I think the inferrence is that being drilled on gun safety for so many years makes it highly unnatural to point a 'gun' at someone and shoot intentionally. I handle all guns the same whether loaded, unloaded, rifle, shotgun, paint, pellet, etc. When I see someone exercising what I'd call questionable handling skills with a paintball gun (not in the field of play during a game), my brain automatically gets my body out of the way. I've corrected people before for pointing an empty paintball gun at someone (handling it in a garage for instance). Never know when that person will be out in the fields with a shotgun and be in the same situation.

thanks,

rick

That paints a very dim view of the ability of humans in general to see the two things as completely different.. my brain automatically gets my body out of the way if anything is thrown, pointed or coming towards me... its a normal human reaction and has absolutely nothing to do with my military and/or other firearms training

By that argument we should be very wary of anyone having been in the armed forces... perhaps they shouldnt be allowed an FAC because they wont be able to see the difference between being in theatre and being in a rape field!?

Edited by Vipa

That paints a very dim view of the ability of humans in general to see the two things as completely different.. my brain automatically gets my body out of the way if anything is thrown, pointed or coming towards me... its a normal human reaction and has absolutely nothing to do with my military and/or other firearms training

By that argument we should be very wary of anyone having been in the armed forces... perhaps they shouldnt be allowed an FAC because they wont be able to see the difference between being in theatre and being in a rape field!?

:good::good::good:

colin

I've played about 3 or 4 times at work dos etc, but not for about 10 years. It was a laugh but not something I ever fancied taking up as a hobby. Like most normal,sane people, I had no problem recognising the difference between a paintball game in a controlled environment with correct PPE and proper firearms safety elsewhere. Same as the difference between shoot 'em up computer games and real firearms use. I would question the suitability of anyone who struggles with this to hold a license.

My main objection to paintball and airsoft even more is the faint whiff of waltishness which surrounds some of the more obsessive regulars who love to dress in full military kit. However this is probably a bit snobbish and judgmental of me. They are not doing any harm so each to their own.