101 on rape

stuy

Well after a long break spent, a few days on some recon this week and found some birds on some pea drillings, but amazingly not enough for a good day about 45 or 50 ish birds only and peas everywhere!,, so had drive around and found some 300 plus on a wheat field that had some rape groing throuh it set up 2 magnets had some fuds set up also, this was my sons secound outimg birds decoyed really well weather was perfect overcast and blowing18mph winds started at 845 am ended at 3pm plcked up101! My son ryan was hooked should of had a few more but his shooting will improve with practice and mine!,

That's good. What do you think they were feeding on?

they were on the rape that what was growing in between the wheat the rape was not high and the birds can get at it tidy, the feild is right next to a block of rape in flower, the rape in the wheat must be spillage I guess , but the big suprise is the peas hardly any birds and peas all over the field!,, will keep an eye on it but was drilled over a week ago regards stu

Envious. Where are you? None in terms of decent numbers my way north of Bristol.

in abergavenny all my shoting is done in hereford, drove 169 miles looking for them and took a day off work to look and do recon I will never shoot a field that I have not done a recon on , done it in the past and learned the hard way not nomore!,,,