has Moyes been sacked????????

millrace

I'm not sure it's ALL to do with Moyes. His players are RUBBISH. Looking at his squad, how many players can you really build a team around?

De Gea - the unsung hero. their best and most consistant player by a long shot

Evra - flogging a dead horse. Moyes wanted a replacement at the beginning of the season and couldn't get Baines.

Buttner - not good enough.

Vidic - going

Ferdinand - Old, not good enough.

Smalling - total liability

Rafael - doesn't stay fit enough. marginal liability

Jones - Not been played regularly enough in the right position to develop.

That's your back line. How do you win anything with a defence that??

Midfield

Carrick - best years behind him

Fletcher - if he can stay well, he's shown he's still got the temperament

Mata - has the skill if he gets the time to settle and time to gel with Rooney and RVP

Young - useless

Nani - useless

Fellani - OH GOOD GRIEF

Valencia - possibly good enough. just. but he's never found his form of 3 years ago

Cleverly - not good enough

Giggs - time to go, old man

Kagawa - who knows? moments of genius, but never enough times of consistent quality

Januzaj - perhaps the most talented of the whole mid, but too young and inexperienced to be that influential - yet

Forwards

Rooney - awesome, sometimes, but never has the quality around him to really shine.

Van Persie - Can't keep him fit for a season, but brilliant when available.

Hernandez - never more than a sub

Welbeck - not good enough

Wilson - Who?

Those NOT in bold, i wouldn't even keep them in my squad, let alone the team. How can you expect to win anything when you only have 10 players who are just about worth being in a Man United squad?

I agree with this almost completely BUT

Hernandez scores goals and should have started I'm place of welbeck. And if welbeck is anything, he's a winger and not a striker. His finishing is grim.

And Rooney isn't worth the 300k a week. But who would actually take him on?

Also, wonder how much pay off moyes gets for failing? It's rediculous

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this almost completely BUT

Hernandez scores goals and should have started I'm place of welbeck. And if welbeck is anything, he's a winger and not a striker. His finishing is grim.

And Rooney isn't worth the 300k a week. But who would actually take him on?

Also, wonder how much pay off moyes gets for failing? It's rediculous

Early reports that he will get 1years wages, around £5 million

:shaun:

As much as I don't like united, the fans have to realise the problem lies with the team. I've been saying it for ages that they've been over achieving since Ronaldo left and if it wasn't for ferguson they'd be a mid table team with they're squad. Look at the likes of city and Chelsea and the squad depth they've got I know they've got endless pots of money but ferguson hasn't added depth or really strengthend that team in years. I feel for the next manager and the fans because I can't see united spending the money on the team to strengthen the whole squad, but if the board do their homework they might unearth a gem like Rodgers. Personally I think Martinez is a great in the making if you look what he's done at Everton by completely changing the style of play and still keep them competing for Europe is great.

Anyway as a liverpool fan I'll always remember moyes as one of our unsung heroes

YNWA

moyes

I freely admit to knowing nothing about football, always been an egg chaser but as there seems to be so many expert opinions on here, are any posters going for the job? :whistling::lol::lol:

Wildfowler.250 seems to have the in-depth right credentials with his resume of the squad, posted earlier this morning......

As a city fan I'd just like to put on record my thanks and appreciation for what he's done. Even though we've had a poor year, after every defeat at least I could come in work on Monday and still take the **** out of united fans. I just want to say

'THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES ' IN MOYES WE TRUSTED ;(

I have no idea about his contract terms but it has occurred to me he may walk away with a few bob!

According to media reports if united failed to qualify for the champions league this season then Moyes was only entitled to a one year pay off if sacked, hence why they waited until it was mathematically impossible to qualify before giving him the boot.

So sacking him now has cost around £5 million, not the £30-odd million if he qualified or could still potentially qualify, so it makes sound business sense to get rid now.

I think the main reason why he has gone is that again if the reports are to be believed he had lost the dressing room. It’s one thing to bring in a few players on the transfer window to strengthen the squad but a whole new team because most of the team you have don’t want to play for the manager is another matter.

As a Bury fan United has been good to us as a club but it doesn't stop me having some fun with the local plastic fans, the real fans I know seem to be very philosophical about it though.

Edited by timps

As a city fan I'd just like to put on record my thanks and appreciation for what he's done. Even though we've had a poor year, after every defeat at least I could come in work on Monday and still take the **** out of united fans. I just want to say

Nearly £1bn spent on players to win 1 title and 45 baron years, I can understand how excited you must be seeing UTD have 1 bad season.....

You havnt exactly shone yourselves....

:shaun: (Toon fan)

Had you done English literature at O level at school you would have learned to Précis. so I've done it for you in red below. :lol:

I'm not sure it's ALL to do with Moyes. His players are RUBBISH. Looking at his squad, how many players can you really build a team around?

De Gea - the unsung hero. their best and most consistant player by a long shot overrated

Evra - flogging a dead horse. Moyes wanted a replacement at the beginning of the season and couldn't get Baines. inconsistent

Buttner - not good enough. Rubbish

Vidic - going Past it

Ferdinand - Old, not good enough. Past it

Smalling - total liability Rubbish

Rafael - doesn't stay fit enough. marginal liability Deluded

That's your back line. How do you win anything with a defence that?? Championship Quality

Midfield
Carrick - best years behind him Retired? ( or should be)

Fletcher - if he can stay well, he's shown he's still got the temperament infirm

Mata - has the skill if he gets the time to settle and time to gel with Rooney and RVP Quality worth keeping

Young - useless Agreed

Nani - useless Vain

Fellani - OH GOOD GRIEF league 1 Quality

Valencia - possibly good enough. just. but he's never found his form of 3 years ago Narcissus

Cleverly - not good enough Agreed

Giggs - time to go, old man Elderly

Kagawa - who knows? moments of genius, but never enough times of consistent quality Persevere

Januzaj - perhaps the most talented of the whole mid, but too young and inexperienced to be that influential - yet Ditto

Forwards

Rooney - awesome, sometimes, but never has the quality around him to really shine.Ugly and Slow

Van Persie - Can't keep him fit for a season, but brilliant when available. Dutch

Hernandez - never more than a sub Quality worth keeping

Welbeck - not good enough Another championship player.

Wilson - Who? Former labour Prime Minister

Those NOT in bold, i wouldn't even keep them in my squad, let alone the team. How can you expect to win anything when you only have 10 players who are just about worth being in a Man United squad?

I found it quite amusing though that United thanked Moyes for his Honesty Integrity and Hard work and then replaced him in the short term with a serial adulterer.!

Edited by Fisherman Mike

chrisjpainter, on 21 Apr 2014 - 9:42 PM, said:snapback.png

De Gea - the unsung hero. their best and most consistant player by a long shot overrated

Evra - flogging a dead horse. Moyes wanted a replacement at the beginning of the season and couldn't get Baines. inconsistent

Buttner - not good enough. Rubbish

Vidic - going Past it

Ferdinand - Old, not good enough. Past it

Smalling - total liability Rubbish

Rafael - doesn't stay fit enough. marginal liability Deluded

That's your back line. How do you win anything with a defence that?? Championship Quality

Midfield
Carrick - best years behind him Retired? ( or should be)

Fletcher - if he can stay well, he's shown he's still got the temperament infirm

Mata - has the skill if he gets the time to settle and time to gel with Rooney and RVP Quality worth keeping

Young - useless Agreed

Nani - useless Vain

Fellani - OH GOOD GRIEF league 1 Quality

Valencia - possibly good enough. just. but he's never found his form of 3 years ago Narcissus

Cleverly - not good enough Agreed

Giggs - time to go, old man Elderly

Kagawa - who knows? moments of genius, but never enough times of consistent quality Persevere

Januzaj - perhaps the most talented of the whole mid, but too young and inexperienced to be that influential - yet Ditto

Forwards

Rooney - awesome, sometimes, but never has the quality around him to really shine.Ugly and Slow

Van Persie - Can't keep him fit for a season, but brilliant when available. Dutch

Hernandez - never more than a sub Quality worth keeping

Welbeck - not good enough Another championship player.

Wilson - Who? Former labour Prime Minister

You must know you're football so well, this lot won the league at a canter only 10 months ago!

Though I don't disagree UTD need some players, you have written off 20 out of 25 players.

Man u board are a disgrace and shows how much they look for glory and success. Its basically fergies team still. Moyes has had 2 windows to try and change the dross fergie left him.

a £5 mill payoff is **** giving his contract was worth £30 million. Good luck to moyes as hes a very good manager

Man u board are a disgrace and shows how much they look for glory and success. Its basically fergies team still. Moyes has had 2 windows to try and change the dross fergie left him.

a £5 mill payoff is **** giving his contract was worth £30 million. Good luck to moyes as hes a very good manager

Of course they look for glory and success, what team doesn't? It's unfortunate but there is too much money in the game for romance and sentiment.

And you're right, it is Fergie's team, a team that won the league by 15 points last season and currently 23 points off the leaders! I for one never thought we'd be challenging this year, I would have been happy being in top the four, but this has almost been a total collapse. We are currently a team that nobody in the premiership fears, that's an enormous decline from being one of the most feared.

I don't for one minute believe the blame all falls on Moyes, there are many factors which have contributed to UTD's demise, but the manager is and always will be the "fall guy". Though I am not totally happy Moyes wasn't given longer, I certainly don't feel sorry for him, how many other jobs do you know where you get paid in millions for what is in effect, failure?