has Moyes been sacked????????

millrace

You havnt exactly shone yourselves....

:shaun: (Toon fan)

I know that's why I said 'EVEN THOUGH WE'VE HAD A POOR SEASON'. But still one trophy in the bag, champions league next season and very slim chance if winning the title or more likely second place, not to shabby.

Nearly £1bn spent on players to win 1 title and 45 baron years, I can understand how excited you must be seeing UTD have 1 bad season.....

If you would like to do some homework like sky sports news did a while ago you will find that NO TEAM IN PREMIER LEAGUE HISTORY have spent more money or broke the transfer record more times than united. So what do you have to say to that. We've done what united have been doing for the last 15 years but in a much shorter period. How any united fan can throw the money card at city is hilarious, just because your owners are using your club as a cash cow and milking all the profits to pay the debt they owe and not reinvesting it in the squad is no reason to be bitter.

How will united go on next season in the champions league ? Don't be bitter, just show some humility, you've had many years of success now like we used to, learn to deal with being a mid table team, you never know you might just scrape into the Europa league, ;)

ATB 425

Edited by Browning 425 clay hunter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that's why I said 'EVEN THOUGH WE'VE HAD A POOR SEASON'. But still one trophy in the bag, champions league next season and very slim chance if winning the title or more likely second place, not to shabby. If you would like to do some homework like sky sports news did a while ago you will find that NO TEAM IN PREMIER LEAGUE HISTORY have spent more money or broke the transfer record more times than united. So what do you have to say to that. We've done what united have been doing for the last 15 years but in a much shorter period. How any united fan can throw the money card at city is hilarious, just because your owners are using your club as a cash cow and milking all the profits to pay the debt they owe and not reinvesting it in the squad is no reason to be bitter.

How will united go on next season in the champions league ? Don't be bitter, just show some humility, you've had many years of success now like we used to, learn to deal with being a mid table team, you never know you might just scrape into the Europa league, ;)

ATB 425

I'm not bitter and not do I have a problem with how much you have spent, I was merely pointing out that I understand how exciting this must be for you being a Citeh fan

Yeah,the list of titles and trophies he's won is never ending. :huh:

in terms for budget and having a good consistent team. Granted they have not won anything but if they lost a good player at everton he was sold and the replacing player was just as good imo. Just because a manager does not win titles or cups does not make him a bad manager.

I'm afraid that in the world of professional sport, any sport, it does indeed make him a bad manager. He's paid to get results.

Agreed. Good managers don't turn title winners into a very poor team within months.

Anyone saying he should have had more time and more money to waste either doesn't know anything about football or are City/Liverpool/Leeds etc fans. One word - Fellaini!!

I'm afraid that in the world of professional sport, any sport, it does indeed make him a bad manager. He's paid to get results.

Very true but lets face it ...it was in the main media hounding that got Moyes the sack ...they kept chipping away after the first defeat. This whole debacle just illustrates that clubs like united, city, chelsea and Liverpool and Arsenal to some extent really couldnt give a XXXX about the fans, the Club is run for the benefit of the share holders and nothing else.

That squad may have been good enough last season but it certainly isnt this and the "proffessionals" comfortable in their own position with the govenor now gone have just not stepped up to the plate and must take the Lions share of the blame for Uniteds failure.

I dont accept that Moyes isnt a capable manger and would have suceeeded given time...after all who do you think it was put the majority of Evertons squad together ....it certainly wasnt Martinez,!

Thats why I go to watch West Ham when ever I can ...we are crud , but we we know it !

Edited by Fisherman Mike

We at Newcastle aspire to be crud,

Back to a previous point,

Title, FA Cup, League Cup, 2 European Cups,

That's all that's on offer every year,

22 Teams in the premiership fight for the title,

96 teams fight for the League Cup

God knows how many do the FA cup, plus the 2 European cups

All the rest of the managers aren't bad because they don't win trophies, it's a numbers game these days,

Deepest pockets win most trophies mostly, odd cup upset but that's it

:shaun:

You must know you're football so well, this lot won the league at a canter only 10 months ago!

Though I don't disagree UTD need some players, you have written off 20 out of 25 players.

They did, but I think it was more to do with the teams around not fulfilling their potential. And Scholes. At the end of that season, the top teams bought players to fill gaps, United didn't.

in the 12-13 season, they conceded 43 goals - more than any other title winning team and more than Man Utd had done since 2001-2002 when the conceded 45 and finished 3rd.

Their goal difference was 21 less than City's title winning season in 2011-2012.

the signs were there that without strengthening, United were there for the taking.

This season,

City needed a new striker to give them goals if the injury prone Aguero was unavailable. Negredo's scored 8 more goals than either RVP or Rooney, without being City's top scorer.

United didn't buy any strikers, RVP gets injured and the goals start to dry up.

Liverpool have had a number young quality players waiting in the wings for a while and who have come on at the right time. United haven't and didn't buy bring any in.

Chelsea's Oscar and Lampard have scored as many league goals between them as the whole of the Man Utd midfield - more if you class Jones as a defender.