hmr vs the vermin and a nice buck too

camokid

hi everyone

i had a lovely few hours yesterday evening .. i arrived at the farm for about 6 with hmr in hand i was hoping to take a few bunnies as i have been asked for a couple for the pot by a few friends

the farm is mostly grazing so no crops in the way . i went for a mooch first, that was quite productive taking a jackdaw two squirrels and a lovely black rabbit

then i got into a good position on the far bank and spent the remaining time there .

the outcome was good for a few hours work, very pleased with some long distance shots

DSC05936.jpg

i also got onto a stunning buck in the week i had came up to drop half a carcass of to the farmer and he said he had seen a lot on this side of the farm and to talk a walk around see what i could come across..

i only walked into the first field and i was met with four roe one buck and three doe's they seen me straight away and was very twitchy i froze and gave them 5 minutes to settle.. this field is very open and a road at the top so it was going to be a long shot or nothing i felt confident and got the gun up on the quads took aim and he was down..

once again a stunning animal they do seam to be very gifted in the rack department this year.. i put it down to a very mild winter altho we have had a very wet start to the year i think they have done a great job..

DSC05913.jpg
many thanks andy

You shot the black rabbits :o they carry a curse you no just like the old gypsies , so you may of outrun your luck :w00t:

But to be fair that's another great head well done :good:

Ps , should of put the HMR in the pic just for the comments you would of received :lol:

i hear the black ones have more meat ... :blush::blush: