PW Shoot Captains go head to head in France......

Catamong

By way of a warm up to this years eagerly awaited PW charity Shoot at Sporting Targets near Bedford, the PW Shoot Captains are having a pre match friendly "head to head" at the European Compak Sporting Championships being held on the Cote D'Azur, near Marseille, in the South of France.

The event will start on Thursday and run for 4 days.

The format to the event is that every competitor shoots 2 rounds of 25 birds for each of the 4 days, a total of 200 targets.

We've shot together in the past in France, at the World Champs held there a few years back, a good time was had by all..!

Mr Potter is already taking a leisurely drive down there, whilst I'm flying from Gatwick tomorrow morning.

The weather forecast is pretty good, the ground looks fantastic with lots of hilly layouts that will throw some excellent targets.

So, wish us both luck, I may even post one of my shoot reports with a few pics from the event.. :oops:

Cat.

Monsieur Potter reporting in.

Set off yesterday and so far an uneventfull journey, overnight stay in Arras last night and, after my first moules frites of the holiday am in my hotel for our second stop at Valence. About a 150 miles to go tomorrow morning and I may get a practise round or two in before the opening ceremony tomorrow evening. The temperature gauge in the car, not the engine thankfully, has climbed steadily as we've headed south and settled at 21C at about 4 this afternoon.

I really looking forward to this now but between you and me I'm glad the real N v S shoot is a team affair!!!

Bon nuit

Andre

I have just spoken to my Dad and he has shot an 87 x 100 at the halfway point, not sure on Catamongs score as of yet!

Good going Dad,

Cat has shot 85. Too close to call with 100 targets to go but c'mon Cat and the South.

Edited by PhilR