Swapped a Deer for a Fox....

I have see a few signs of Muntjac on this ground but only bumped one once, you can't get them if you don't go!!

A few hares going about there business and a couple of cock birds trying to out do each other...but no deer!

Then a bit of movement caught my eye.....a FOX!! I could see it had something in its mouth, then it disappeared in to cover.

A few calls on my reed caller and out it shot from the cover coming to a halt just before the ditch...

The 95 grain round knocked it backwards and the crack of a head shot rang back up to my shooting spot...

Second bush from the left in front of the rape just before the ditch line...

004_zps964e6224.jpg008_zps10325843.jpg007_zpsa37d8429.jpg

TEH

looks a touch surprised

well done

It looks a long way, but in truth only 120/140 yards and my gun is set for 200 so with quite a steep down angle it took it in the kisser!!

I put the cross hairs on the top of the bib/throat but came out the back of the neck and with all that energy in the round I guess it went some where.

TEH

Of course you may have missed it completely but whatever it was carrying may have exploded.

I'd go with this theory as well, whatever was being carried has disappeared so therefore it must have exploded! Edited by Paul223