New additions to the family.

aister

We have never had the time or the money to landscape around the front of the house after it was built so a few weeks ago I decided to do something about it. After thinking about diggers and rotavators I thought I may as well get a couple of edible ones.

Meet Sausage and Porkchop :) .

DSCN1444_zps186f8d69.jpg

• 2 months later...

We had a bit of a disaster with the pigs, after eating rhubarb they both died. I never knew that rhubarb was poisonous and very very few of the people I have spoken to knew either even the farmer I got them from didn't know. We were devastated. So beware anyone with pigs.

We got another two pigs from the same litter which have altered the appearance of the front garden somewhat. I found this picture on FB today after our neighbor was up in the coastguard helicopter for a run today, you can see where the live rotavators have been working.

(I should really be on the extension roof getting that finished instead of on here ha ha)

10348289_10152564143250091_6099963047099

We had a bit of a disaster with the pigs, after eating rhubarb they both died. I never knew that rhubarb was poisonous and very very few of the people I have spoken to knew either even the farmer I got them from didn't know. We were devastated. So beware anyone with pigs.

We got another two pigs from the same litter which have altered the appearance of the front garden somewhat. I found this picture on FB today after our neighbor was up in the coastguard helicopter for a run today, you can see where the live rotavators have been working.

(I should really be on the extension roof getting that finished instead of on here ha ha)

Pretty dense up your neck of the woods :)

10348289_10152564143250091_6099963047099

I bet that those ruins make for good play area for the kids!

cool pigs too, are you to eat them after their have finished their work?

The kids love playing around the old houses and yes the pigs are destined for the freezer, probably within the next couple of months.

Hi aister,

Have you got an abattoir anywhere near, or is it a boat trip away. or are you going to do them at yours.

If your transporting, a little tip, feed them for a few days in the trailer, and don't feel sorry for them if they don't go in.

When they're hungry enough they'll go in on there own. You're not strong enough to make a full grown pig do what it doesn't want to, and if your up against it time wise your knackered. If you don't get them used to a trailer then sell tickets for people to watch you load, they'll have a real laugh , and you'll make a few bob. ( I speak from experience) Been keeping pigs 10 years now.

Ps 270 dies are great, I've worked up a load the gun loves. still envious of where you live.

ATB

Steve

Edited by tonker

Hi aister,

Have you got an abattoir anywhere near, or is it a boat trip away. or are you going to do them at yours.

If your transporting, a little tip, feed them for a few days in the trailer, and don't feel sorry for them if they don't go in.

When they're hungry enough they'll go in on there own. You're not strong enough to make a full grown pig do what it doesn't want to, and if your up against it time wise your knackered. If you don't get them used to a trailer then sell tickets for people to watch you load, they'll have a real laugh , and you'll make a few bob. ( I speak from experience) Been keeping pigs 10 years now.

Ps 270 dies are great, I've worked up a load the gun loves. still envious of where you live.

ATB

Steve

I will just be doing the pigs at home, and yes I know how hard it is trying to get a pig to go somewhere it doesn't want to go especially if it smells a rat. Glad you are getting on good with the 270.