Hull superfasts

Hi guys somebody I know reckons he had a good day with these today and claimed they were 1550 fps?!?! I replied that they were 1500fps but he reckons his were new ones? By the way I'm talking of the 27g 7 1/2 clay loads and as far as I'm aware there wasn't a 'new' type out

Whether they are 1500 or 1550fps, it makes very little difference.

I agree I just wasn't sure if there was a new range out but checking their website it's all the same still.

Put them through the chronograph it won't be any where ne'er 1500 fps try 1350 if you are lucky

Deershooter

Have you done this yourself deershooter or know of someone that has? I personally don't use them and prefer their pro fibre shell or their super soft comp x shell when my 9 year old son has a go with my 12 bore.

there good i find i reduce my lead with some targets and always get good breaks with them the only reason i am not using them is they had sold at xmas when i stocked up so currently on Victory challenger my other favourite clay ammo

there good i find i reduce my lead with some targets and always get good breaks with them the only reason i am not using them is they had sold at xmas when i stocked up so currently on Victory challenger my other favourite clay ammo

Really?

Yes I have chronagraphed them

I have chronagraphed most and nothing does 1500 feet per second trust me

If any one wants to use my chrono let me know and arrange a visit at orston shooting ground

Deershooter

Interesting reading how the closest result is still 150fps less than stated! Mind you as Mark Russell told me you wouldn't notice it when shooting

I only use these hull superfast's now, and have had some very good results. I've been using them for a month or two now, tried them along side with Hull pro fiber's and to be honest cannot see any difference of the break which i'm having, and at a fraction of the price.

I only use these hull superfast's now, and have had some very good results. I've been using them for a month or two now, tried them along side with Hull pro fiber's and to be honest cannot see any difference of the break which i'm having, and at a fraction of the price.

I too have used hull pro fibres in 24 grams and yes they do cost more! :) I take it the superfasts kick more? I found the pro fibres nice and soft

I too have used hull pro fibres in 24 grams and yes they do cost more! :) I take it the superfasts kick more? I found the pro fibres nice and soft

I couldn't feel hardly any more kick in the super fast over the pro fibers. might be marginally though.

If i could afford to shoot the pro fibers all of the time then i would :/

My go to cartridge from them coming on the market.

Tried loads of others and keep going back to them, I used them on the north v south shoot and they hit all the targets hard as anything else.

Friend who runs our clay club uses them now and swears by them,shoots all the registered shoots with them.

Not found a better cart under £200.00 a thousand.

The new express power reds look to be the same 1500 fps and 27g.

Figgy

How do you find the recoil figgy? I only ask as I like the idea of buying one type of shell for me and my other half. I'm not sensitive to recoil but my good lady is, she shot fiocchi's 21g shell and had no ill effects after a 100 bird round at grimsthorpe yet when she used trust's 28g shell they hurt her a bit. She was using my sxs so I know it's light compared to an o/u sporter but then again she doesn't like a heavy gun.

Guest cookoff013

Interesting reading how the closest result is still 150fps less than stated! Mind you as Mark Russell told me you wouldn't notice it when shooting

the guessed MV is a back calculation from 2.5M where the chrono is for a proofing test run. my fast 24gram load is doing 1350 at 2.5M yet no-one thought it was odd. i could have done a back calculation and added 50-150fps (depends on where in the world you are) but i didnt.

i kinda get annoyed with all these super dooper speeds, or odd requests....

the 1500fps is a guess, nothing is going to go 1500fps unless there is alot of slow burning powder. 1500fps loads bark at both ends.

if a cartridge manufacturer says something it usually is fishy. when looking for a smooth shell, check out 1300fps loads. they usually only do 1200fps at 2.5M and they are soft.

saying that, i do like my 24g #9 homeloads at 1350fps at 2.5M. maybe i should start stating mine do 1500fps? (only kidding)

A friend who spent much of his working life developing loads for a commercial loader always said higher velocity than standard was detrimental

to patterns,but as he said ,try selling a `low velocity` shell to people !

He once loaded some `softer` shells for a client of mine ,they were devestating on good pheasants.They were low velocity,28gr .

A friend who spent much of his working life developing loads for a commercial loader always said higher velocity than standard was detrimental

to patterns,but as he said ,try selling a `low velocity` shell to people !

He once loaded some `softer` shells for a client of mine ,they were devestating on good pheasants.They were low velocity,28gr .

Good point about the 'low velocity' sales pitch, imagine that! Now on sale the lowest velocity shell on the market! :)

I find them punchy

I will stick to my 21g Comp X

:shaun:

Thanks Shaun think I will too! For how much clay shooting the good lady and I do they seem to fit the bill

I don't find Superfasts punchy at all. Black golds are punchy after shooting the hulls.

The hull comp x 28 gram are very soft. But no 12g cartridge for sale will be softer than comp x 21g.

I find that the more punch you feel off a cart you automatically alter your mount ie not pulling into your shoulder so hard and don't feel It as much.

Have you tried recoil pads like the Musto d30 ones that fit in a pocket in the coats and vests, makes a huge difference.

Figgy

Guest cookoff013

I don't find Superfasts punchy at all. Black golds are punchy after shooting the hulls.

The hull comp x 28 gram are very soft. But no 12g cartridge for sale will be softer than comp x 21g.

I find that the more punch you feel off a cart you automatically alter your mount ie not pulling into your shoulder so hard and don't feel It as much.

Have you tried recoil pads like the Musto d30 ones that fit in a pocket in the coats and vests, makes a huge difference.

Figgy

There is softer. Training loads