GUN INSURANCE

Hi all,

I am wondering how many members on here have insurnace for their Guns?

We are all aware of the Liability Insurance that is offered with our various memberships of the likes of CPSA, NGO, BASC etc.

But how many of you actually have cover for your own Guns in terms of Accidental Damage to them, Theft and Loss?

ie theft, damage in the field, barrel blow outs, damaged stock etc...

Would you be interested in such a policy for your guns?

Some home insurers will cover my Guns but this is only while they are in the home and would not cover accidental damage etc while out in the field etc. or theft from your car/vehicle.

Also what about cover for your own private collections, say that old blunderbuss or black powder gun that you get out once in a while?

Welcome everyones thoughts.

Many thanks,

Covered on my household policy when at home but haven't found anyone who would cover in the field. Never leave them in the vehicle other than when i need a comfort stop and i can park right in front of the petrol bit of the service station, next to the window if possible.

Many people are under insured for their guns. Lots of home policies only cover individual items up to £2000 per single item, so any guns above this value aren't properly covered. I use www.bluefingroup.co.uk to cover mine. It certainly isn't cheap, but seems to cover all the required bases. If you have a collection of several thousand, it seems to pan out to similar costs for a car of similar value.

Not cheap, but hard not to have! If anyone has any other companies, I would be interested; it never hurts to shop around!

Guns on Pegs have a thing called Triple Barrelled insurance that does in the field cover. Might be worth checking out.

I have no professional or personal interest in either company mentioned.

B06

Edited by Beretta06

mine are covered on household insurance, including whilst out being used.

did have to itemise the ones worth over £2000 individually as stated above, anything below is automatically covered.

as with all house insurance you need to make sure that you aren't underinsured, so need to adjust the contents cover to suit.

mine are covered on household insurance, including whilst out being used.

did have to itemise the ones worth over £2000 individually as stated above, anything below is automatically covered.

as with all house insurance you need to make sure that you aren't underinsured, so need to adjust the contents cover to suit.

Pretty much as above. I had to itemize individual weapons with my home insurance and this was reflected in the price of the policy. I'm with NFU for the material cover and cc3 for general shooting cover the cc3 is about £30

Mine are covered under Aviva household policy. This includes cover away from home under personal belongings section. £2k max per item ok for me but you can extend - we have a couple of specified items for wife's jewellery. This also gives me liability insurance so long as I'm not being paid to shoot (if only....) although check this as one or two newer entrants to HH insurance market have excluded shooting sports.

I can't remember which companies is was but some companies didn't have the ability to quote for guns and when they asked their underwriters they declined to give cover. More fool them. they didn't get the business and how many claims are there for gun damage in relation to any other sort of claim especially motor type claims.

All mine are covered by my household contents insurance,under sporting equipment. This covers them outdoors.

The only thing about this cover is that there a value limits on any items, and I think that it was up to £2000 in total (I think). SO If your house burnt down that's all they would pay out. (I think).

Thus as a replacement cost of my AyA 2 rounded action in 28 is in the region of about £6000 I would be up the creek and that's just one of an amount off items. This is why I declared various items and had them itemized as over the top value.

Mine are covered under Aviva household policy. This includes cover away from home under personal belongings section. £2k max per item ok for me but you can extend - we have a couple of specified items for wife's jewellery. This also gives me liability insurance so long as I'm not being paid to shoot (if only....) although check this as one or two newer entrants to HH insurance market have excluded shooting sports.

Snap. You're in their heartland as well so I hope you got a good premium!