Is 13 birds between two of you a good day?

Cosd

Not when you are on laid barley and the birds are hammering the wheat fields across the road!

It does become sweeter though when you approach the farmer across the road and gain another 1400 acres :)

Wasn't so bad after all....!

Good result Cosd , well worth going even when things are quiet , today was the least I have seen on barley for 2 to 3 weeks I watched them leaving the wood then crossing 4 fields and dropping in to a wheat field which had nothing on last week , but we had heavy rain and hail last Friday which left the field with several flat patches and with the wheat being at a milky stage they are now turning there attention to that field , one thing for certain this time of the year is nearly every day is different.

A good day was had if you gained more land to shoot.

While there are still pigeons on the barley near me, 90% of the pigeons I see now are feeding on wheat. I think this will continue until the first rape fields are cut.

A good day was had if you gained more land to shoot.

And of course as long as you enjoyed yourself and were in good company! :yes:

Congrats on gaining the extra permission. :good:

It goes to show that there are still some good permissions available if you use the correct approach at the right time! :yes::yes::yes:

i seen a guy on a harvested pea field the other day only one in the area and the birds were one after the other its a shame as i don't have the perm to shoot that field went and had a chat and he only had 3 boxes left out of a slab.