Sinusitis-anyone had it ?

Wiggum

Anyone suffered from sinusitis I'm 90% sure that's what I've got at the moment but off to the doctors Monday if I can get in.

Had a cold almost two weeks ago and thought I was over the worst but the past couple of days I've had sinus pain / headaches pretty much constantly and today has been horrendous my heads throbbing and feels like it's gonna pop. Been taking sudofed but it's just not touching the pain.

Had it once, it felt like someone had dribbled acid up my sinuses, pure hell.. doctor said I just had to ride it out.. seem to remember my brother getting similar advice when he had a nasty bout of it too :no:

try steam put boiling water in a bowl towel over head and breath it in .Suffered with this for years good luck :good::good: :good:

That's good advice, was pretty much the only thing that gave me any comfort..

Cheers any recommendations for pain relief currently typing this with one eye closed as it's too painful to open it feels like someone's got my head in a vice.

just take asprin my self but don't know what will work for you but keep boiling youre head

I've had it and its Bloody nasty to have.

Get some menthol crystals from the chemist , they don't cost a lot so get couple of small tubs. Always useful to keep in if you have a head cold,

Hot water towel over the bowl and add the menthol. And breath I. Deep as you can.

I found that helped. Also Vicks rubbed under you noise and on your cheats at bed time. And albus oil on your pillow too.

Will not hurt buying some of that stuff you squirt up your noise too.

I've had it a few times and only antibiotics from the gp got rid of it. Mine was caused by a cold in the summer whilst suffering with hay fever.

I had pain behind my eyes, teeth felt like they were falling out and massive headache. Only in the left side of my head which was strange.

I've had it and its Bloody nasty to have.

Get some menthol crystals from the chemist , they don't cost a lot so get couple of small tubs. Always useful to keep in if you have a head cold,

Hot water towel over the bowl and add the menthol. And breath I. Deep as you can.

I found that helped. Also Vicks rubbed under you noise and on your cheats at bed time. And albus oil on your pillow too.

I do all these. Menthol crystols with steam deffo works but see Doc too incase anti biotics are needed too.

hope you shift it, mines like a two day hangover not goid at all!

Will not hurt buying some of that stuff you squirt up your noise too.

Get a nasal douche (Emcur or similar) and put some cayenne pepper with warm water in it. Hurts like **** initially but then quickly dulls to a really soothing warmth. Put Tiger balm or something with menthol in it on your forehead. Alternate hot and cold flannels on your forehead.

I know how you feel, it's not pleasant.

Trust me, the pepper thing is awesome... but it does hurt!

Menthol crystals in boiling water always helps plus paracetamol for pain. Sudafed has worked for me but don't get it now a) not in air conditioning and b) living in a little cottage where windows don't fit, door has a big gap (Aga engineer has stopped telling us we need an air brick now) and I spend less time in cars and buildings.

I used to get it and to be honest i reckon it was brought on by nose picking - you know a decent dig out as smokers, plasters and anyone working with air borne particles will know.

Anyhoos the only way to sort it for me was:

1. Salt spray from Boots - decent snort to the point of crying / wanting to vomit

2. 20 mins in a sauna with Albos oil / Vicks. Head over a bowl of water and towel has same effect but you can't read a paper at the same time

Get a nasal douche (Emcur or similar) and put some cayenne pepper with warm water in it. Hurts like **** initially but then quickly dulls to a really soothing warmth. Put Tiger balm or something with menthol in it on your forehead. Alternate hot and cold flannels on your forehead.

I know how you feel, it's not pleasant.

Trust me, the pepper thing is awesome... but it does hurt!

Not sure I'd squirt it up my nose but I've used cayenne pepper for years to clear sort throats and it's amazing, nothing else even gets close! :good:

Shame everyone I tell about it thinks I'm trying to stitch them up... :lol::lol: