Russians in Corfu

kyska

We'll, I'm sat in a lovely hotel in Corfu, the weather is stunning, the scenery and the beer.

Where I am is obviously a haunt for our Cossack cousins, some wealth here, most families have au pairs with them.

I work with people from all cultures, but must say I've not had much to do with Russian folk, I honestly believe there is a phenotype.

Most if the women are beautiful, well groomed and generally glamourous, the blokes are bizarre, they are almost all built like bears, and act like them, when walking towards another male, chest gets puffed, arm our from the flanks and swagger, staring at any other male.

I was in a lift with my daughter, and two young lads were pummelling grandmas kidneys, which she responded with two stiff left jabs into the offending children's heads.

I've never believed that races have phenotypic traits, the Russians do!

It's brilliant to watch....

We'll, I'm sat in a lovely hotel in Corfu, the weather is stunning, the scenery and the beer.

Where I am is obviously a haunt for our Cossack cousins, some wealth here, most families have au pairs with them.

I work with people from all cultures, but must say I've not had much to do with Russian folk, I honestly believe there is a phenotype.

Most if the women are beautiful, well groomed and generally glamourous, the blokes are bizarre, they are almost all built like bears, and act like them, when walking towards another male, chest gets puffed, arm our from the flanks and swagger, staring at any other male.

I was in a lift with my daughter, and two young lads were pummelling grandmas kidneys, which she responded with two stiff left jabs into the offending children's heads.

Wait another 40 years. It'll be all hairy chins, headscarves and vodka and onion breath. :oops:

Sounds like fun, when we were somewhere a Greek island i think there were a few Russians about all seemed to smoke all time not even putting a fag out when their food arrived and puffing between mouthfulls.

Funniest things we saw were the males taking photos of their women on the beach and the poses the women done.

Hate to generalise but have to agree with you :) the blokes really do seem a bit bizarre, even more so how the womenfolk are invariably so tidy in comparison. When I was younger all I ever heard about Rushann wiminn was that they're hairy and built of lard, like a lot of things it turned out to be complete lies as I genuinely cannot think of better chassis anywhere, faces yes but legs no.

The other thing I've noticed is on holiday they tend to be next to impossible to strike up any sort of banter with, unlike most other nations.

When I was in Mexico last year it was full of Russians - wives smothered in bling and Channel but looking like cheap hookers and boyfriends / husbands looking like angry cavemen.

Oh and they don't do please, thank you, pardon me or queuing

Yup, I've noticed it's a weakness to hold a door open for anyone, been the case I've seen with a toddler getting smacked by a door closing and a bloke in a wheel chair got Cossacked too.

Had a hol there not so long ago they own alot of the beachside houses which sit empty mostly and you can guess where their money comes from. I was always suprised how many businesses are owned by brits. Have you hired a car? I did and couldnt stop laughing at some of the roads.

Update, I'm by the pool, middle aged Russian couple playing catch with a small ball, to me, to you, to me, to you.....Russian geezer loses it for no reason and properly wanged the ball into her face, it hit her so hard it sounded like a balloon popping, she cried a bit, bloke couldn't stop laughing.

Put her in her place I can tell you.

Stopped going to our favourite hotel in Cyprus as it was taken over by Russians.

Your right about the men being real rude chavs but the women were beautiful in every way.

Didn't use the hotel bar much just brought in loads of cheap booze from the supermarket and drank it in a very a noisy way in their rooms.

They reminded me of some of the middle management thugs in suits I used to work for.

The hotel staff weren't too keen on them.

Well. Armed with kyskas dating tip i had a walk down the beach goods emporium and purchased a small ball. I left the establishment and promptly found my target - 30yr old, pretty and svelte female. I told her i wanted to play catch and immediately wound one right up and launched it at her face (as instructed by kyska). Such was the resultant impact that her horse brass earings remained stationary but she was carried across to the other side if the street. There were a few tears but she perked right up and is currently cooking a sunday roast for me and the dogs,

Cheers kyska, i would never have thought of that one in a month of sundays ;-)

Found a similar thing when on Skiathos, boat trip to Skopelos with a load of Russians on board. Never come across such a bunch of ignorant people, they must have thought they were paying for seats as well as the ride on the boat. Intimidated a young English couple, either newly weds or deeply in lurve, the couple were sat in one of the lounges which the Russian had used on the way out.

Russkies surrounded them taking very loudly in their own language and hard stares all round, (we were sat there also) couple got up to leave, Russians smirking when I said "don't let these ignorant twits bully you stay where you are" They then sat back down, the looks I got from the Russians; wow if a stare could melt iron and that was from the matriarch.

Coming back to harbour one large Russian just elbowed a large English lad out of the way so he could get to the front of the disembarking queue. Oh Oh thinks me and gets out of the way, lots of verbals between them, neither understanding a word but knowing exactly what each meant. Anyhoos the Greek police (with guns) were waiting at the dock so it went quiet quite quickly. We just stayed out of their way for the rest of our holiday. Did not see one fit bird among their females, all crane drivers.

Edit = Spelling mistake line 5 word 5........won't correct.

Edited by Sha Bu Le