a fast but fruitful hunt ....

camokid

hi everyone

i had a field cut a few weeks ago that i always use for zeroing as its a big safe field with a large bank .. my 270 was in need of a check as it had been a while..

after a hour or so i was happy with some mid range shots the closer ones need a bit of work but i need to change the reload anyway with a nice zeroed gun sat there it was calling for a trip out

last time i was at this farm rabbiting i noticed a lot of bails so i new the lower fields had taken a trim my plan was to stalk there to see what was about.

i had only tip toed for 300 yards and spotted a deer straight away in the longer grass on the edge .. i looked in the binos to confirm a nice four point buck .. i raised the 270 to the sticks took aim and let the round fly .. he jumped and ran i could see the blood spraying out and new he was hit hard.. he had made all of 15 yards with a double lung shot ..

he is a stunning young buck in great condition and will make perfect meals

bf68a9a9fb1bc24e63fa15f1e4aa84be_blur.jp
2en7ztu.jpg
this is his last walk.... a hard one at that lol

many thanks andy

Like the look of the gun, remember some of your other stories with the 270, sounds like good fun.

Well done on the deer, just looking at them makes me a bit hungry!

Lol me too there is just so much u can do with the meat... I love the bsa it's what a wanted a more traditional deer rifle and boy does it hit hard. .

Good shooting andy, lovely looking rifle.

thanks... i spent a lot of time on the wood . it was just a factory dark finish when i bought it but after stripping it down i was surprised that under the crud was such a lovely piece of grain 11 coats of tru oil and she was in her glory

Lol me too there is just so much u can do with the meat... I love the bsa it's what a wanted a more traditional deer rifle and boy does it hit hard. .

Haha next time I drive near the land of Cov, I'll be asking for burgers! haha. Swap you some of my famous rabbit and chorizo burgers haha.

It does look a lovely rifle, just saw your comment on the stripping and tru oil - it's nice when you put the effort in sometimes and gives you a much better relationship with it after. Just don't turn into:

full-metal.jpg

rifle... check

man boobs ...check

gut...... check

freaky look ... check

think im in trouble... lol

To add....................

Flat Cap......

Ferrets...........

Life time member of.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-KrzEeh5R4 (can we have order please)

Dodgy northern accent...........

:whistling: lol

TEH

rifle... check

man boobs ...check

gut...... check

freaky look ... check

Flat Cap......

Ferrets...........

Life time member of.....

(can we have order please)

Dodgy northern accent...........