SCOTLAND

four-wheel-drive

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish the rest of the Uk were allowed to vote on if we want Scottishland as part of the Union.

Wonder what the results would be.

Figgy

reckon the turnout would be 100% and the clear off vote would be a landslide win :lol:

KW

Started to sample Armagnac of late and some of it is very very nice. If the border goes up and king Alex prevails I know what my tipple will be in future.

Japanese Irish or Welsh Whiskey and Cognac and Armagnac.

Think we will be ok for scotch though as Salmond won't win, when the big institutions said they would move to England most sane Scott's folk will have thought no is the vote.

Benefit scroungers will be voting yes looking for as Salmonds promised land of more benefits.

Figgy

Think we will be ok for scotch though as Salmond won't win, when the big institutions said they would move to England most sane Scott's folk will have thought no is the vote.

Figgy

that's a rash assumption that 51% are sane?

KW

AULD YIN - can we call a halt? Up to you, but feel free to carry on making my point.

Not a problem,just get yer knitting out and sit and watch the results on the telly :good:

johnnie

just thought i would add, yes or no its going to be a part of the history of these islands

Edited by AULD YIN

that's a rash assumption that 51% are sane? KW

Well we must play nice and give them the benefit of the doubt, but the morning will tell us just how many deluded there were.

Should be a record kept of who voted what so the know which gene pool to breed from :lol:

If it's a yes I can see masses crossing the border before it goes tits up.

Figgy

just thought i would add, yes or no its going to be a part of the history of these islands

It'll be a No vote.

54% - 46%

Don't kid yourself about the history bit, there's a general election next year and an important by election next month. The civil servants will sort something out behind the scenes with Salmond.

Cameron, Clegg and Miliband will have far more important things to worry about. It'll be old news this time next week. :yes:

It'll be a No vote. 54% - 46% Don't kid yourself about the history bit, there's a general election next year and an important by election next month. The civil servants will sort something out behind the scenes with Salmond. Cameron, Clegg and Miliband will have far more important things to worry about. It'll be old news this time next week. :yes:

What would that be? A dodgy boiler or car accident bit of dodgy electrics near the bath.

Figgy

Can I just check, it's done purely on the total number of votes, not like with the american presidential race where it's possible to win without most people voting for you? 1 vote from Stornoway carries the same weight as 1 vote from Glasgow, right?

Correctamundo :good:

It'll be a No vote.

54% - 46%

Don't kid yourself about the history bit, there's a general election next year and an important by election next month. The civil servants will sort something out behind the scenes with Salmond.

Cameron, Clegg and Miliband will have far more important things to worry about. It'll be old news this time next week. :yes:

This is the first indipendence vote in the uk has had as far as i am aware so must take its place in history.

johnnie

Edited by AULD YIN

This is the first indipendence vote the uk has had as far as i am aware so must take its place in history.

johnnie

Well history is what history is...the past.

Of course it'll be mentioned in history, but a No vote is hardly a historical moment for Scotland and the Scottish people. A Yes vote of course would change things immeasurably... but it won't be a Yes vote.

YouGov claim to have called it with 99% certainty for the No camp. Here's hoping they've got it right. "President of YouGov Peter Kellner says whilst he once said there was an 80% of a 'No' victory, now believes is a 99% chance"

Bloody shame.

Can we have a referendum to ****** them off or not :good:

Puuuuulease mr Government we want a say, bye bye baby, baby good bye baby bye bye baby.

Think there will be lots of whinging and moaning if it's a no vote, mainly by the rest of the UK :lol:

Figgy

Bloody shame.

Puuuuulease mr Government we want a say, bye bye baby, baby good bye baby bye bye baby.

Think there will be lots of whinging and moaning if it's a no vote, mainly by the rest of the UK :lol:

Figgy

I will support that for the same reasons you give in your other posts :good:

johnnie

Bloody shame.

Figgy

Hope you had tartan flares on, at least mentally, as you typed that Bay City Rollers riff :)

You are not my 'mate'.

2nd form politics student?

I assume you've nothing productive to say then? Such a shame that disagreements often lead to trolling on this forum. If you can't respectfully put your point across, why bother? Not that it's any of your business, but I've never formally studied politics, nor have I ever been a student. I am no more an idiot incapable of holding informed opinions than you are - what I am able to do (which it seems you are not) is to contribute to this debate without resorting to trading insults.