SCOTLAND

four-wheel-drive

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scottish referendum has shown that people that feel emotionally involved and committed to a much wider political cause can and do make a difference, a voter turnout of 85% is phenomenal in recent times. If Scotland's 4m voting franchise can achieve the level of change in UK politics then England's voice can be so much louder.

Now that is a point worth making. :good::good:

Munzy - thanks. I am glad there is someone who can read properly.

That said - it was hardly a subject worthy of debate. Just a bit of supposition and scaremongering.

easy exit ,but do yourself a favour ,contact BASC and ask them if there is nothing to worry about,would have thought the fact that this is a shooting sports site it would be worthy of debate ?

Mumsnet you must be joking never seen such a vile spirited site you need kevlar skin to look on that site.

I would like to see free education across the board or not at all. Dont like the moaning the scots do then look at my daughter and realise she will never get the chance as we cant afford it

completely agree. same rules for all !

Mumsnet you must be joking never seen such a vile spirited site you need kevlar skin to look on that site.

I would like to see free education across the board or not at all. Dont like the moaning the scots do then look at my daughter and realise she will never get the chance as we cant afford it

Sorry I don't buy that. What can't you afford?

Yes they won, but not by as much as they expected/needed. Given the fact that the No vote was heavily reliant on the Labour Party Machine their complaints are perhaps plausible. There have after all been serious allegations of wrongdoing in English elections in the past.

Politics is a dirty world.

Edited by TriBsa

yes but how long are we going to go down the conspiricy road?

:shaun:

I don't think we will. I don't think it was material to the overall result. So hopefully we move on. Bit like Tower Hamlets in the European/Council Elections, which I doubt will ever be acted upon.

Exactly ..... Austerity has not affected London and the southern counties.

No I am being serious. Why can you not afford to educate you daughter? State schools are free. There are grants and loans you can get for further education/university. Can't afford it is a poor excuse IMO. What's the cost of her not getting an education.

well after splitting the country in two jimmy has fallen on his sword, will Janette be next and he is saying the Scots were duped by Westminster more like duped by HIM

KW

Edited by kdubya

hi guys; just back from holiday and have been reading through these posts. Have to say as an Englishman I am disgusted by the contempt some of my fellow countrymen have for the scots?

As a staunch Unionist, Im very pleased it was a NO vote BUT we should be thanking them, given the good that has come from them having the balls to take on the establishment; it is unmeasurable! the shake ups that will have to happen at Westminster will benefit us in England, those in wales and the northern irish as well as Scotland, if the government are true to their word of delivering extra powers.

good on the Scottish and a heart felt thanks and respect from an Englishman

Robbie

A we should be thanking them, given the good that has come from them having the balls to take on the establishment; it is unmeasurable! the shake ups that will have to happen at Westminster will benefit us in England,

Robbie

Please tell me how

KW

graiglearn - you can wriggle all you want.

You made allegations about the Chief Constable and his views on city dwellers and people who made a noise. Please publish your proof. Stop prattling on about a bloke you know or BASC. They have nothing to do with what you said.

Please tell me how

KW

simply because the scots referendum has shown that people power can make a change and that Westminster are out of touch with the common man and the UK. It was only last week that the 3 leaders panicked and hot footed it over the border with promises of extra powers. then Gordon brown took over as leader of better together. they were forced to act and in doing so have started the ball rolling; with DC this morning speaking of extra local powers to England and wales

Edited by robbietherimmer

Extra powers to regions or countries just means more administration costs.

People talk about the Civil Service being too large, but will happily propose a bigger one. :whistling::whistling: :whistling:

PS Salmon went up in my estimation. I thought he should go, but some couldn't see why he had to. Nonetheless he did resign.

Edited by Gordon R

simply because the scots referendum has shown that people power can make a change and that Westminster are out of touch with the common man and the UK. It was only last week that the 3 leaders panicked and hot footed it over the border with promises of extra powers. then Gordon brown took over as leader of better together. they were forced to act and in doing so have started the ball rolling; with DC this morning speaking of extra local powers to England and wales

Any concession to the Scots must impact the finance available to The English we are already the recipients of less per person than the Scots Irish or Welsh so I will ask again how will I as an Englishman benefit from the concessions made to keep the ungrateful beggars on board

KW

Any concession to the Scots must impact the finance available to The English we are already the recipients of less per person than the Scots Irish or Welsh so I will ask again how will I as an Englishman benefit from the concessions made to keep the ungrateful beggars on board

KW

perhaps we receive less per person because we do not pay as much per person into the treasury as the scots do; glass half empty is it KW?

you will benefit from having a stronger local voice & power to deal with issues in your patch. how your local county spends and raises its finances will be their job and will deal with the needs in your area.

ps: do you have a chip on both shoulders or do you walk lop sided?