Well Travelled?

harryhawk

I'm still close to my mates that i grew up and went to school with. We're all between 30 and 40 years old, Married or settled down with kids.

Now heres the question....Every 1 to 2 months we all get together around a chosen couples house (now i know what most of you are thinking) and have a INTERNATIONAL night.

A country has been picked and local dishes, foods and drinks from that place are brought and a good drunken night is had by all.(Quiz, silly party games, drunken darts) :good:

Any ideas to put in the hat for the next one. Saturday's is BELGIUM (beer and chocolates) :good:

So far we have had....

Australia x2

Belgium

Brazil

Chile

China x2

Egypt

England

Falkland Islands

France

Germany

Greece

India x2

Indonesia

Iran (last one at our house before Xmas)

Israel

Italy

Jamaica

Mexico (the best yet, 31st oct 05 at ours, day of the dead feast and fancy dress)

South Africa

Spain

Thailand

Turkey

United States.

You guys must of tried tasty food on your journeys around the globe.

Cheers Harry.

ireland???

try and get some leprachauns round! and guiness and if your struglling ask johngalway or others!

heres an even better one have a scottish nite where you can dress up in kilts,sporrans etc eat haggis neeps and tatties and follow it off witha few bottles of whisky!

tho up for leftys ideas of the keys in a bowl...magic!!! :good::good::good:

You could have mussels for starter and Irish stew for main for an Irish night. Stew isn't fancy food but done right it's as good as it gets. We don't drink much (more than your average Russian alcoholic) over here... really... we don't... *ahem* but I've heard there are a number of Irish drinks to chose from :good:

Nevermind Belgium, have the Irish do this weekend when the rugby is on and be on the winning side :good: (sorry, couldn't resist)

Since I mentioned them above you could have a Russian night too, be close to a hospital though :good:

I see you list "Falkland Islands" - leave a window open and supply your neighbours with fray bentos pies and corned beef and have them climb in through the open window. Then all arrive in boats instead of cars, kick them out and then eat ration packs and hoist flags for the evening ?

:good:

I see you list "Falkland Islands" - leave a window open and supply your neighbours with fray bentos pies and corned beef and have them climb in through the open window. Then all arrive in boats instead of cars, kick them out and then eat ration packs and hoist flags for the evening ?

:good:

...........and have a cheery game of "Dodge Landmine" and then see who has the most fingers on one hand, 8 is the record I believe !

:good::good::good:

Have a Geordie evening!

Start drinking about 11am, continue drinking heavily all day and into the evening. As soon as it gets cold find the least insulating clothes possible and change into them, and move into the garden.

At 11pm get the hottest curry you can find and then start a huge fight!

Have a Geordie evening!

Start drinking about 11am, continue drinking heavily all day and into the evening. As soon as it gets cold find the least insulating clothes possible and change into them, and move into the garden.

At 11pm get the hottest curry you can find and then start a huge fight!

Yeah and DON'T forget the Bogroll on ICE for the morning after :good:

How about a YMCA night? Then you can all dress as Indians / Firemen / Cowboys in Chaps etc and do a Congo to Agadoo into the early hours :good:

LG

japan.

South African................

And try this for size........

Loads of nice lamb, loads of onions, loads of tomatoes, some Archar Massala, Brown Sugar, tomatoe puree.

Slice your onions and start to sweat them down in a BIG PAN......when making it I use a bag of em......say about 7 or 10 depending on the size....

Add in the Archar Massala, bear in mind that the more you add, the hotter it will be.

Brown off your meat.............(you can also put the lamb in the pan if you fancy.... :P )

Chop your tommatoes, into the pan they go..........again loads of em....bung in a couple of tins of plum tommies aswell...

Whole tube of tommy puree.

Get the brown sugar out, this sauce should be "warm and sweet"

Lid on..........

Temp down........................cook slow and low for about 3 hours.......

Serve it up with some nice rice and peas....job done..............LUUURRVVVEEELLLY.

Washed down with lashings and lashings of ginger beer -------------------------and jackdaniels......

Cheers guys... I've put Ireland into the hat for the last 3 get togethers. (luck of the draw i suppose) :P

For the good ol U. S. of A. we all had burgers and root beer.

Had two Ozzie nights, tend to be in the summer when the barby comes out.

Falklands... got stuck on this so i heard there's a ****** in Port Stanley (sorted)

Doing a meatloaf for this sat.....Moeder's Fricandeau, oh yeah and hunting for some good beer later today.

Well guys, good party was had. plenty of beef stews, 3x mussel dishes and loads of chocolate.

I put Ireland in the hat again but the winner was............U.S. of A.

Thinking i might do a southern fried squirrel or squirrel stew. Favorite of Elvis no less.

At least the couple who are hosting the next party, she's from the states so should be a good night.

Angolan/Nigerian/..or maybe Samoa..any of the central african states/pasific islands..

collect all the insects,worms,etc (shread some beef & chicken etc ,tell no one) tree roots & do lots of rice & popadoms, & green leafy stuff, whilst wearing thongs,grass skirt (only) matted hair..& lots of boot polish & toothless !!

:rolleyes: