best broadband provider ?

digger

Unless you want >8mb (ie LLU) every ADSL provider simply resells you BT wholesale, so there aint a lot to choose between them there, they will all provide similar service.

Have a look at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ and have a read of the forums :P

Want to know what you might get or who's in your area? You'd be wanting samknows.com

Best of luck :stupid:

Unless you want >8mb (ie LLU) every ADSL provider simply resells you BT wholesale, so there aint a lot to choose between them there, they will all provide similar service.

Have a look at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ and have a read of the forums :stupid:

Want to know what you might get or who's in your area? You'd be wanting samknows.com

Best of luck :stupid:

It is really good that we have a member like Pin who is willing to give a concise answer to almost any PC / Internet question at the drop of a hat. If he can help he will. But if he can't, he always seems to know a man who can. :P:stupid:

My mobile phone is with orange and is on a contract of £35 per month, so i get up to 8 meg broadband with unlimited downloads, free world landline calls and free calls to orange mobiles from my broadband for £5 per month. :stupid:

I am having problems with Orange, having been a customer from the old Freeserve days.

Good ISP, UNTIL you have a problem. :P

On a side issue, I really hate the Forum layout style that is on thinkbroadband.com, it has to be one of the hardest, most irritating things to navigate on the Internet. :stupid:

My mobile phone is with orange and is on a contract of £35 per month, so i get up to 8 meg broadband with unlimited downloads, free world landline calls and free calls to orange mobiles from my broadband for £5 per month. :stupid:

I am having problems with Orange, having been a customer from the old Freeserve days.

Good ISP, UNTIL you have a problem. :P

On a side issue, I really hate the Forum layout style that is on thinkbroadband.com, it has to be one of the hardest, most irritating things to navigate on the Internet. :stupid:

At the min im with virgin media(used to be blueyonder) had no probs with them yet and as all my services(tv,phone and internet)are with the same company i get a really good deal. Sky have just started doing free internet to sky customers but not sure wot its like!!!

Interesting piece on Watchdog on TV earlier in the week about broadband providers.

Customer satisfaction seems to be dropping annually and some of the providers mentioned thus far came out as the worst of the lot, Orange, Sky and Talk Talk semed to get the most mentions in this respect.

Telewest (aka Blueyonder, Virgin Media) came out top and I must say I have cable connections at home and at work with them and have had no problems at all. (pgdpmfst)

for my home pc I use 'Eclipse' who are one of the smaller providers......good connections, and speeds.....straight througth to tech support if theres' any questions. The co. came recomended by my IT consultant who hosts my business website......................£14.99 jobs a good'un'

Well Paul, glad they work for you, I've being with Eclipse for about three years, when I first started with them they were one of the best, now since they have being bought out by Kingston I believe, I may stand corrected, they have become one of the worst.

Depending what you do with your connection, ie; surf PW, then it will do. I'm on Bittorent most of the time downloading, & my connection is throttled/capped/packet shaped, call it what they will, but they do it, & it only took about three months for them to admit it.

Going to swap before long, thinking on Vivaciti Broadband,

See how it goes,

Here's a list of bad ISP's for you, wonders never cease, there's ECLIPSE,

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Inter...ke_file_sharing

BJ.

Not fter 24 hours since i was saying how good blueyonder/virgin were ive come home to find out that sky have removed there channels ie sky one and sky news!!!!

Me too, and every other Virgin Media customer as well, as of midnight last night.

I did have a letter saying it might happen and it has, bad news for this house as just about all our favourite programmes are on Sky1

I'll keep the broadband but the TV service is going first thing in the morning and I have ordered Sky TV already so :P to you Branson.

Not fter 24 hours since i was saying how good blueyonder/virgin were ive come home to find out that sky have removed there channels ie sky one and sky news!!!!

Me too, and every other Virgin Media customer as well, as of midnight last night.

I did have a letter saying it might happen and it has, bad news for this house as just about all our favourite programmes are on Sky1

I'll keep the broadband but the TV service is going first thing in the morning and I have ordered Sky TV already so :welcomeani: to you Branson.

Think ill be doing the same!!! they have just offered me £52 for all the tv channels inc sports movies, phone and internet. but im gonna give it a week and ring up again to say that i watch sky one more than i thought and i want to cancel! then hoprfully ill get some more money off.

BT Broadband. :welcomeani:

I GOT BT BROADBAND AT HOME FOR P.C.

HAVENT TRIED ANY OTHERS.

ALWAYS TALK TO A PERSON ON THE HELPLINE AND THEY HELP YOU SORT IT.

CANT FAULT EM.

ON O2 ON MY MOBILE (CONTRACT) HAD FEW PROBS WITH BILLING OTHER YEAR,GOT £750 CREDIT AS COMPENSATION,BOUGHT SONY ERICSSON P910i OFF THEM AND A YEARS FREE CONTRACT WITH THE CREDIT.

CANT FAULT THEM EITHER.

Whatever u do, DONT go with TalkTalk, there absolutely rubbish

I've been with them pretty much since they started and have had no problems at all, as Pin said they all buy from BT and as the line is bt then thats where the problem happens if you have trouble connecting. For me it saves a fortune as we get free international calls on the package and we've relatives in France and germany.

UKFSN which is a reseller of Entanet,

They were good at first for a maxdsl line, was getting good speeds usually maxing out at 650kb/s downstream most of the time, then they went abit downhill just before they installed their 4th central pipe, which i thought would be good, but since then there speeds have been intermittent and very flakey, especially during the non-peak hours when everyone starts hammering the downloads...

Luckly im on a month by month contract so i can easily leave.