So What Does a Woodburner Cost to Install?

sitsinhedges

I am in the process of putting one in. I just wish it was costing what others are saying on this thread!! I have been quoted 1700quid for stove and the installation of the stove, but I am another 2600-3000 to have an Isokern chimney system built and installed :blush: Sadly this seems to be the price since we dont have any sort of chimney in place!
However once installed we will have one cosy room B)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1k for a Yeoman CL5 (5kw) & 1k for liner & fitting with HETAS. The bloke wanted 2.5k but got him down. I did all the knocking out, lintal & hearth myself.

God knows how much the old one cost me in gas.

One of those things we always wanted to do & well pleased with it, so don't care how much it cost.

Edited by landy george

whatever you do, dont buy a cheap stove, the door wont fit so you use twice the amount of fuel, and after a couple of years they warp/crack up so are scrap.

go for a decent make, not one from machine mart etc.

Spot on - buy cheap buy twice. Pay for a decent stove that has a 10 year guarantee. Cheap stoves don;t have an air wash system or a large viewing picture so you will spend most of your time cleaning the glass.

Edited by Freakmode

ours cost £1545.

that was £775 for removal of birds nest, sweep, line (12metre drop, best liner available) and install (including flue and t-piece) with HETAS certificate. £570 for the log burner. £200 for the materials to build the fireplace.

plus about 5 hours of my own time.

just need to stain the wooden mantels and fit them now.

post-49737-0-38005700-1415614474_thumb.jpg

Thank you. Took a while from start to finish as I bought things in stages when I could afford them, or when they became available. The actual installation probably took me two months.

I must say i like you beam, its very similar to mine, only i wrapped mine around the breast and bolted it through from inside the chimney. The cost of it was not bad either. FREE :good:

I am in the process of putting one in. I just wish it was costing what others are saying on this thread!! I have been quoted 1700quid for stove and the installation of the stove, but I am another 2600-3000 to have an Isokern chimney system built and installed :blush: Sadly this seems to be the price since we dont have any sort of chimney in place!

However once installed we will have one cosy room B)

Why Isokern and not a twin wall flue? Still expensive but unlikely to be £3k's worth.

I notice your location, talk to Andy in Athena Fireplaces in Stirling.

Edited by WGD

I must say i like you beam, its very similar to mine, only i wrapped mine around the breast and bolted it through from inside the chimney. The cost of it was not bad either. FREE :good:

Good idea bolting it through. I originally wanted mine like a floating shelf, but the wall has some battens behind the plasterboard so I've a 3" distance before I reach solid wall. The hand made reclaimed bricks were a secondary thought but worked well to support the beam, plus are in keeping with the house as it dates from 1750-1800 and is a mix of the same brick and stone.

I paid about £475 for a brand new aga 5kw stove from the Internet's and it came with a metre of pipe and all the chimney plate etc.

I set it on 2 2x2 slates at £15, never bothered with a liner, that's what the chimneys for!

So £500 all in

Same here. £500 for stove and about another £100 for pipe and slate tiles. £600 in all.

Why Isokern and not a twin wall flue? Still expensive but unlikely to be £3k's worth.

I notice your location, talk to Andy in Athena Fireplaces in Stirling.

Each of the companies we have had out for quotes have all said Isokern is the best way to go when building a chimney onto our house. I am not sure if Athena is the company who are out in the inudstrial estate near to where Central FM are?? If so they were asked to quote and never got back to me,s so were scrubbed from the list. If its not them, then yes I will give him a shout on Friday and see what he says.

So what does this twin wall flue consist off??

Ah ok just googled twin walled flue!!! The reason we avoided that and chose Isokern was because I didnt want people knocking on my door and asking for a fish supper and a bag of chips ;-)

Each of the companies we have had out for quotes have all said Isokern is the best way to go when building a chimney onto our house. I am not sure if Athena is the company who are out in the inudstrial estate near to where Central FM are?? If so they were asked to quote and never got back to me,s so were scrubbed from the list. If its not them, then yes I will give him a shout on Friday and see what he says.

So what does this twin wall flue consist off??

Ah ok just googled twin walled flue!!! The reason we avoided that and chose Isokern was because I didnt want people knocking on my door and asking for a fish supper and a bag of chips ;-)

I have a twin wall flue on my woodburner, yes its not as pretty as some on here but it was fitted for a reason free heating. Edited by Luckyshot

Dont forget to tell your house insurance you have fitted a logburner, otherwise they wont insure you,

I have seen 3 houses and a pub locally on fire due to DIY logburners.

depending on your insurer, you dont need to let them know but in the event of a claim you will be needed to provide a HETAS certificate. hence why i didnt fit mine myself....

but def worth checking with your insurer if youve put in in yourself....

Mine cost me £350 mulit never got a flue just the meter long pipe its big for my house so eats the wood wish I got one with a back boiler for rads my girl says the house is duster but would not be with out off it we just dust up more I do think the dust is my own doing tho I carnt leave it alone fire bug