Norfolk Gun Dealer locked up!!

norfolk dumpling

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not complaining about the regulation that I am subjected to but, in my opinion, I'm amazed that such a web was constructed. As has been said, I bet there must be some more people sweating.

Yes he got caught and yes he's been punished but he was able to gather such an arsenal that it couldn't be hidden, fortunately without apparent harm. It shows that regulation only affects the law-abiding and not the criminal.

Most of the posters are getting the gunsmith muddled up with the bloke who had the hoard of guns and was a nutter. He died of cancer before his case went to court. It's a shame that the gunsmith got involved with this bloke and got rolled up in the mess. 6 years, still it's warm and out of the rain in there with grub supplied. I wonder how long he will actually do? If he's financially broken he will have to draw on the social when he gets out. Millions of others do. Obviously a clever bloke that made a mistake and got caught out by not following through with the paperwork and being careless in what was the law even though he thought that he was deactivating them to spec. Surely they should have gone to the proof house to have been certified and stamped up?

Edited by fortune

Today's EDP details his 'Walter Mitty' credentials - he claimed to have a title, an MBE, a manor house in Nth Norfolk and ex-SAS all of which were lies. Amazing he was ever allowed near a catapult let alone serious hardware. This sounds like a life unfulfilled has become an obsession about what might have been.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/make_believe_world_of_jailed_norfolk_firearms_dealer_who_claimed_to_have_been_in_the_sas_1_4426518

Having a 'hoard of guns' does not make anyone a 'nutter'. Bill Harriman has a 'hoard of guns', as did I and as did/do many other people I know.

Also being a walter mitty and having a strange gun obsession doesn't disqualify someone from being able to own a gun. I do find it a bit worrying though!

There are many stories of unethical dealings going round about master buckland over the years . One I know to be true happened to a good friend of mine . My friend had a very nice browning capitan 9mil pistol .He started to have problems with it and took it buckland for repair . Buckland told him that the gun was beyond repair and would cost more to put it right than to buy a new one. He surgested that he would take it off his ticket and scrap it . My friend agreed to this and had it taken off his ticket .

Some time later my friend was down the range shooting next to a guy who was shooting a browning capitan . My friend noticed that the gun had a set of very distinctive grips on the gun that were the same as the grips he had on his capitan that he had got buckland to scrap . My friend asked the guy if he could have a look at his gun .on examination he found it to be the very same gun that he gave buckland to scrap .The guy told my friend that he had bought it from buckland for £500 . My friend went to buckland and demanded that he pay him the £500 that he had sold the gun for or he was going to the police to complain .buckland paid him out on the spot . I am not trying to kick a man when he is down ,but this man should have been down years ago .Good riddance .

Harnser

Also being a walter mitty and having a strange gun obsession doesn't disqualify someone from being able to own a gun. I do find it a bit worrying though!

There are no laws against being a 'Walter Mitty', nor about 'having a strange gun obsession', whatever qualifies as a 'strange gun' is.

Many people find it worrying that you own firearms, but there's no law against that either.

The latest article in our local rag reveals a much deeper 'Walter Mitty' character - Buckland's letter head (sorry I meant Sir Anthony's) had more letters/decorations than the Duke of Edinburgh. He also became patron of a local charity using his invented personality. Looks like a candidate for the nuthouse rather than clink.

I suspect Suffolk police have more than a few questions to answer about how the other guy, the one Buckland was identified as supplying, amassed 450 guns and thousands of rounds of illegal ammo. Home Office won't like that in the current climate.

interesting medal selection !

I can only recognise

MBE - Fake

Queens gallantry medal - Fake

General service medal - possible if he served on OPs

Silver Jubilee medal - Possible but only 30,000 issued in the UK

Golden Jubilee medal - Fake he wasn't serving in 2002

Army long service and good conduct medal - did he do 15 years ?

According to a GP buddy I go beating (brushing her in Norfolkshire of course) with this is fairly common in older people ie after an unfulfilled life obsession sets in and character defects become magnified in a manner that can completely take over their lives. This guy, a former corporal, obviously couldn't leave the army behind and this became his obsession. Guns too, and I personally suspect he may have had more involvement in the huge haul of weapons which gave rise to his convictions, were part of this. God only knows what is really going on in his warped mind.