What do you yhink causes this?

weejohn

I had a quick shot with the 22 cz yesterday and bagged these bunnies all head shots with the longest shot

being around 60yds. The very last one i shot was around 35-40 yds and when i picked it up i saw the eyes had popped. Has anyone else had this happen and what do you think causes it? I thought it may of been the air trapped in the eley hollow point and the eyes were the weakest point for it to be released .

post-2594-1173023490.jpg

post-2594-1173023512.jpg

the force of the bullet going straight in the noggin will obviously cause the insides to expand as the bullet imparts its energy, something has to give, so the weakest part being the eyes bulge out like so... It happens quite often on head shots. that is an absolutely perfect shot :lol:

Looks like you shot him between the eyes would imagine its just the force of the bullet expanding and the eye(sockets) being the weak point and they just pop out suppose it depends on the angle and distance you shoot them at.

Some very nice shooting there

I AGREE AS IT IS NOT THE INITIAL ENTRY POINT THAT KILLS ! IT IS THE WAY THE BULLET CIRCULATES BEFORE EXIT (well this is what i was told recently). HOWEVER DONT WORRY BECAUSE IT IS ANOTHER DEAD BUNNY.

Thanks for all the replies, i think the cz rifles are super value for money considering what great accuracy you can get with them. I started using the eley subs and found them quite alot more accurate than the winchester but the thing i dont like about them is the amount of waxy stuff that they are coated with. What is the coating for?

Now that Rabbit was the look out and bred purposly for the Job in hand but seeing as you took him out you decked a few of his borther's and sisters as well .

Blood exiting the ear lobes are another good sign of a head shot as they along with eye's are a weak point and blow out due to expansion and energy generated by the expanding bullet . <_<

I had a quick shot with the 22 cz yesterday and bagged these bunnies all head shots with the longest shot

being around 60yds. The very last one i shot was around 35-40 yds and when i picked it up i saw the eyes had popped. Has anyone else had this happen and what do you think causes it? I thought it may of been the air trapped in the eley hollow point and the eyes were the weakest point for it to be released .

it wont hop now !!!! ;) :( :P<_<