Bank Charges

decroyffe

Has anyone been or going through claiming back there bank charges from the last six years.

i paid for the bank statements to cover the period and sent them with a template off the BBC Website. The templete stated the bank (halifax) had 14 days to issue a full refund or without notice i'd proceed to the small claims court.

within days i received a reply saying id receive a reponse on the matter within 4 week. i thought this was reasonable due to the media coverage, and left it at that. now 4 weeks on they've sent another letter explaing they havn't yet reach a decision, and will let me know, no later than the 5th of april?

a freind had a full refund within 14 days start to finish (natwest). are they playin games and what should i do?

regards kieran

PS The bank say they are within there rights to take the time they have

You gave them 14days to refund your money. They didnt and you have done nothing. The whole point to the claim is the threat and realisation of being taken to a small claims court. The fact you have not issued them with a summons tells them you are not prepared to go through with it. Remember, they will call a bluff.

You gave them 14days to refund your money. They didnt and you have done nothing. The whole point to the claim is the threat and realisation of being taken to a small claims court. The fact you have not issued them with a summons tells them you are not prepared to go through with it. Remember, they will call a bluff.

thanks Axe, i have a letter explaining i'm not happy with the outcome, and they have 7 days to refund or it will go to court, should i send that, or go striaght to the courts,

regards kieran

I would send the letter saying that you have given them the opportunity to resolve the issue (which they havent) and that if you do not receive a full refund within 7 days you will proceed to the small claims court. But don't leave it this time. :/

Edited: Crutial word missing. :good:

i understand what's been said and the reason i didn't take action was because of the media covarage.

when i first received the letter say they'd deal with the compliant within four week i call and asked why. they explained they where behind due to the recent media coverage and i thought that was fair.

i now feel after four weeks it's not so fair so i'll proceed with the 7 day letter then court,

regards kieran

decroyffe i'd go for one last letter stating they've got 7days or else... One thing i would say to you is that alot of banks try to wriggle out of full payment by offering 10% or the likes, don't accept this, you are entitled to the full amount and you'll get it if you persist. :good:

I am going through the final stages at the moment, I got the advice from...............

consumer action group

There are templates for all the letters you need to send and the timetable of when to do it.

READ IT THROUGH FIRST!! as everything is there. They are more than happy to answer questions on the forum.

I have never incurred Bank charges, but I did receive £1000 compensation from Alliance and Leicester after they wrongly cancelled a cheque book and took 3 weeks to replace debit cards, that were lost when my Wife's handbag was stolen.

By cancelling the wrong cheque book, I had three cheques bounce and couldn't draw any cash from our Bank Account.

We had to draw cash using pre authorised counter cheques, what a palaver. :unsure:

We now bank with Nationwide. :no:

MBNA replaced our credit cards by courier, within 24 hours. :good:

All Banks now offer a pretty poor service, they seem to employ morons and use call centres in India and such places where nobody has a clue what you're talking about when you call with a query.

Having said that, avoid Barclays and the Halifax like the proverbial plague, they're always the first to put mortgage interest rates up, and the last to bring them down.

Cat

Thanks everyone :unsure: , i've decided i'm going to right a letter (not from a template) and explain the situation, i'll then give them 7 days to refund or i WILL go through the courts.

You will be ******* in the wind mate.

The templates have been designed to cover all the relevant courses of action, in the right sequences using the right terminology. You whipping up a quick love note is going to do ****** all. Stick to the system!

Oh don't forget the fact you cannot enter into the court side of things until all the releveant preceeding steps have been taken! Hence the templates and the timetables :good:

Got £2033 from my bank today :unsure:

Nice one, well done

Thanks everyone :good: , i've decided i'm going to right a letter (not from a template) and explain the situation, i'll then give them 7 days to refund or i WILL go through the courts.

You will be ******* in the wind mate.

The templates have been designed to cover all the relevant courses of action, in the right sequences using the right terminology. You whipping up a quick love note is going to do ****** all. Stick to the system!

Oh don't forget the fact you cannot enter into the court side of things until all the releveant preceeding steps have been taken! Hence the templates and the timetables :no:

Mmmmm, wish i'd i read this first. just sent the letter. Used my own words but wrote the law side of it from a template. explained i was unhappy with the time alredy taken, and the time the bank has foreseen to resolve the matter. then used the unfair terms quote from template and issued a 7 day period to resolve the matter in full.

just wait now, the worse is a small claims court apperance :)