Sydney terrorist siege

aris

You are the reason we will lose the remainder of our gun rights. Why does everything have to be about needing a reason? You are wrong on handguns I can't have any for target shooting, unless you are part of a tiny olympic elite and even then the guns have to be kept at a range, you're not trusted to take your guns home with you.

Everything is about "needing a reason" because that's what the legislation says!

I am a target shooter too and yes I would love a pistol for target shooting and I can't have one, it's frustrating but I understand the reasoning behind it, an easily concealable lethal tool - my point was target shooting is not "good reason" for a handgun, but humane despatch is ergo those that can prove good reason can have one. By your rationale are you saying anyone should be allowed anything? Where would you draw the line then? Is an RPG okay if I want one? What about a good old LAW anti tank - range use only obviously? Could I mount a chain gun to the handlebars of my motorbike in this self serving utopia you dream of?

I think I'm also the millionth person you've accused of being the reason we will all lose our guns so I'd like to claim my commemorative t-shirt if possible?

There are several threads running on UK Gun Laws in other sections of the forum. Please post on those if you wish to discuss that subject.

Soz, please feel free to delete my posts above as i am derailing the topic under discussion

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sad about the hostage, killed by the action of compassionate cleric who was also a a refugee bet the aussie's take an even harder look at the few they do let in

KW

Edited by kdubya

Compassionate cleric?

From the BBC News Website;

"Police say they believe the man who seized hostages inside a cafe in Sydney, Australia, is Man Haron Monis.

The self-styled Muslim cleric was born in Iran and sought political asylum in Australia in 1996.

He is well known to the Australian police and is currently on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife.

He is also facing more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges".

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Compassionate cleric?

From the BBC News Website;

"Police say they believe the man who seized hostages inside a cafe in Sydney, Australia, is Man Haron Monis.

The self-styled Muslim cleric was born in Iran and sought political asylum in Australia in 1996.

He is well known to the Australian police and is currently on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife.

He is also facing more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges".

sorry silly me I was lulled by the religion of piece diatribe we are force fed (usually following some atrocity)

KW

Now let's see how the Aussies call it. If it had happened here Cameron would be saying "it has nothing to do with religion" etc. You all know the PC spiel by now.

You're being ridiculous. However you feel about Cameron you cant get by the fact that he has publicly outed religious extremism on a number of occasions.