Fitted wardrobes - one for the chippies / joiners

Mungler

So, I'm trying to get a ball park price for some fitted wardrobes for our downstairs entrance hall.

It's almost impossible to get a ball park price; most companies want to come out and see you on appointment (to give it the hard sell and "weigh you in" before giving you a price) and the rest just quote "expensive" to see where you end up, envisaging a massive haggle session.

The area is 307 cm long, the depth available is 50 cm and the height it 240 cm and looks like this:

IMG_5455_zpsf1f3a562.jpg

Basically, we're looking for a rectangle box with soft close doors divided into 3rds. The 1st and 2nd sections fitted with a single standard hanging rail (with a shelf above and shelf below) and the 3rd one fitted with shelves or maybe a drawer or two or whatever new fangled flashy storage system is currently in fashion.

We've had some fitted wardrobes fitted in an en suite area and wanted something similar looking to this.

IMG_5457_zps85417b75.jpg

Can someone ball park me a price for:

1. bits (to include all infill bits)

2. installation

Cheers all.

There's a chippy of some repute not a million miles away in Herts who I would like to do it, but thought I would first get a ball park price to work out if we're into the hundreds, the thousands or the tens of thousands :lol:

You can get wardrobes like you want from ikea. Get busy with all the tools you've been buying and get dirty building something :good:

3m long made up of 500mm and or 1m units fixed together. Done this in my daughters room as quotes were silly for built in wardrobes. You can buy filler strips and end panels to cut if you want that built in look.

Your probably looking at around a thousand with all the fittings inside.

We have a big double one in our utility for coats and shoes dog leads etc.

Edited by figgy

As said the main problem is the reduced depth, standard is 600mm and you say you have 500mm available.

This will probably mean that any hanging rails will have to run back to front in 600mm wide units.

Most times buying standard and modifying is a real pain in the harris..

some where around a 1000 to 1200 should get you sumat in mdf so you can get busy with the paint brush, after that the skys the limit.

Look for a kitchen carcass manufacturers local to you and take your measurements along and have carcasses made. Standard carcasses are 570mm deep so they'll have to make them 470mm or slightly less, depending how close to the door you want them remembering the doors are 20mm. Cheapest way of doing it is getting 3 1000mm units with 6 500mm doors. Loads of door manufacturers out there, my uncle used to own chapel kitchens in Chelmsford so I'm sure I'll be able to source you one locally if you need. Then just add your plinth and fillers which the carcass company will supply. You need two 35mm fillers either end of your unit going off the sizes you say. As for fitting I'd pay no more than £150 as it's just a days work and I'd say you get the units and doors for no more than £800 maybe cheaper depends on what you go for, could be more if you're putting in drawers pull out and choose an expensive door but that's a guide.

I'm happy to help or give advice if needed Russ

Don't use Howdens Magnet BQ and the like because the quality is lacking

Edited by pegleg31

Hey Mungler

Try this company, they also have a sale on right now.

https://www.spaceslide.co.uk/sliding-wardrobe-doors

Their quality is very good and they gave my mate a price there and then in the showroom.

You could consider getting just the sliding doors like these people can supply, and to keep the cost down you can get Ikea wardrobes for the innards and have a chippie to cut them to correct depth.