Just ordered a rimmy

30-6

Just ordered a CZ STYLE 16" rimmy. The dealer only stocks Parker Hale moderators, are these a good moderator (I did fancy a SAK), and only stocks Remmington ammo (I want to try Eley and Winchester).

Q1 - Are Parker Hale moderators any good?

Q2 - Can you buy moderators mail order or only from a dealer?

Q3 - Is Remmington a good round in .22 rimfire?

CHEERS

The PH mod was the standard before the SAK came along.

They are very quiet, I have tested one next to my SAK with indentical rounds/guns

They are thinner and a bit longer than the SAK, but as you have the shorter barrel that shouldn't bother you.

Mods for rimfires should be 'on ticket' but it gets a bit muddy as you can use and airgun mod for a rimmy as well if they are good enough. I guess (I am not sure so check this) you should be able to send you ticket to the seller and get him to add it on for you?

I have only ever ues Winchester and a few Eley's so can't comment on the Remingtons

Q1 - Are Parker Hale moderators any good? yes

face to face if it for a firearm and going on yoyr ticket.

Q3 - Is Remmington a good round in .22 rimfire?

shop about and find some more unless your gun likes the rem gear.

yes parker hale is good, although sak is better in my opinion.

you can order a .22airgun silencer which is identicle to an fac one apart from cheaper and not on your ticket. (bare in mind u will still require a silencer slot on the ticket) and as mentioned its a legal grey area.

remington i have never found to be anything but budget ammo, but ive not really given it a fair try. Eley or winchester are the best common rounds about. Worth getting those two.

eley shoots the best in my cz as winchesters dont always extract.

Hi.

I had a Parker Hale on my 77/22 and found it affective but was advised to change it. Reasons were, you need a special tool to line up the baffles when you strip it to clean it and they tend to explode if you put hv rounds through them :blink:

So i did and replaced it with a Sako :D

So Mark..

If I was post my centrefire barrel to an RFD and he sent it back threaded + the mod I bought from him, which I had a slot for - but he completed my FAC for me (which was in the tube the barrel was in) will we have broken the law?

None of this ever happened of course, I am just asking on behalf of a friend :D

Just been on the web sites of the companys, can see "ELEY subsonic hollow xtra plus" - are these the ones?, and on WINCHESTER cannot see any mention of subsonic, only lead hollow points in "super x or xpert", which one is the subsonic?

Can any one give me a link to a picture of a box of Eley's and Winchester subsonics or post a picture so I can recongnize the box.

So Mark..

If I was post my centrefire barrel to an RFD and he sent it back threaded + the mod I bought from him, which I had a slot for - but he completed my FAC for me (which was in the tube the barrel was in) will we have broken the law?

not if it was sent to another RFD.

So Mark..

This is exactly what a friend of a friend tells me he did recently !!!!!

Charlie

Just been on the web sites of the companys, can see "ELEY subsonic hollow xtra plus" - are these the ones?, and on WINCHESTER cannot see any mention of subsonic, only lead hollow points in "super x or xpert", which one is the subsonic?

Can any one give me a link to a picture of a box of Eley's and Winchester subsonics or post a picture so I can recongnize the box.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...l%3Den%26sa%3DG

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...%3D10%26hl%3Den

eleywinvf8.jpg

eleywinvf8.jpg

Hi I have been using a Parker Hale on my semi auto for a number of years without any problems, the winchester sub sonics just produce a low click no louder than an old style air rifle, ideal when bunny bashing but it does cut the range down.

The baffles need realigning with a special rod after cleaning but its not a problem and I have never heard of the silencer exploding if you put a High velocity round through it which I have done on occasions when switching mags quickly. Hope this helps :D D2D

I shoot a CZ and up until last week, I would have said Winchester. However a friend of mine gave me some Eley to try and they were very good and didn't appear to have as much drop on them. So I went and bought 500.

Frank; Out of interest I was the same as you with Winchesters. Have you tried Eleys?

eleywinvf8.jpg

Hi I have been using a Parker Hale on my semi auto for a number of years without any problems, the winchester sub sonics just produce a low click no louder than an old style air rifle, ideal when bunny bashing but it does cut the range down.

The baffles need realigning with a special rod after cleaning but its not a problem and I have never heard of the silencer exploding if you put a High velocity round through it which I have done on occasions when switching mags quickly. Hope this helps :D D2D

What do you mean when you say it cuts the range down?