Durham 'getting beyond a joke'

Davyo

SGC runs out 23/03/2015,renewal was handed in in person on the 26/11/2014 as I needed to call in for a replacement FAC as ran out of space for bullets.Called them today just to check as worried I may need a S7 if it get near the 23/03/15 only to be told I haven't sent it is.Strange I said,because the cheque was cashed 03/12/14,I stated that I handed it in in person and that they must of misplaced it.No we haven't send in a new one and you won't get a S7 either LOL.

So going to call in tomorrow with my bank statement and hopefully will not be speaking to the horrible woman who refers to me as old man.

Currently feel like getting the bank to get my £50 back and telling them to stuff the SGC as far as they can shove it and they can have the bloody FAC to boot.

Edited by Davyo

Not called Julie is she..?

& has the I'm a teacher, your the pupil attitude... :yes:

She is horrible,said she's the licensing supervisor and refused to give me the forms in November,stating go away and print them off.When she came out of the office it wasn't "how can I help you sir" it was "and what do you want old man" disgraceful arrogant person should not be allowed to have any direct contact with the general public.If she pops out the morn I will ask to see someone else.

don't deal with the monkey, deal with the organ grinder. Ask at the reception to speak to a senior officer and put it on the line that you are paying for a service are that they are not delivering. Failing that ask how you put in an official complaint to the police complaints commission about the way you have been spoken to and the fact that they have lost important official documents that you can prove that they have received and that they have cashed the cheque. I'm sure that it will start to move things along. It's all about numbers and percentages. Don't be rattled or get abusive just be insistant that it is sorted out pronto. Why isn't the so called organisation getting to grips with this sort of abuse and mis-service. Total waste of time and money.

She is horrible,said she's the licensing supervisor and refused to give me the forms in November,stating go away and print them off.When she came out of the office it wasn't "how can I help you sir" it was "and what do you want old man" disgraceful arrogant person should not be allowed to have any direct contact with the general public.If she pops out the morn I will ask to see someone else.

put in an official complaint to the PCC

Edited by stevo

You have to nip this sort of thing in the bud from the offset. Many people are wary of rocking the boat because of the effect it may have on their application, but if we allow those in authority to walk all over us unopposed, then they will.

If you're not getting the service you are entitled to in any way, then tell her in no uncertain terms that you've had enough, and you're taking it further. Personally if I were under Durham I'd have written to my MP long ago.

You have to nip this sort of thing in the bud from the offset. Many people are wary of rocking the boat because of the effect it may have on their application, but if we allow those in authority to walk all over us unopposed, then they will.

If you're not getting the service you are entitled to in any way, then tell her in no uncertain terms that you've had enough, and you're taking it further. Personally if I were under Durham I'd have written to my MP long ago.

Durham is a queer force, some people get treat like **** others like royalty. I've had my ups and downs with them but have always gotten what I have requested and have never had a cert expire before my replacement was ready. Edited by Luckyshot

I have had the exact same treatment as you and its also the same person involved, I contact BASC for advice and was told they would contact Peterlee HQ and would get back to me this was before xmas and I've had no word from BASC to date.

My SGC runs out about the same time as yours, mine is 29/3/15 and I feel the same way as you Durham Firearms Dept are a disgrace....this I posted some time back on this forum.and I'm fed up with treatment.

Its a shame that BASC cant keep their promise and give a little help on this subject as when I rang them they were well aware of the problems with Durham Firearms Dept.

Did any of you do the medical one of my mates never and ended up on a section 7 it only took 8+ months for his renewal good job he had held his licence for 15 years and it was not a new fac application to be processed aparantly the medical can speed things up and durham encourage it .. Basic say don't bother of course as not a legal requirement..however I always find that when push comes to shove someone wins and someone looses

Edited by psycho

Did any of you do the medical one of my mates never and ended up on a section 7 it only took 8+ months for his renewal good job he had held his licence for 15 years and it was not a new fac application to be processed aparantly the medical can speed things up and durham encourage it .. Basic say don't bother of course as not a legal requirement..however I always find that when push comes to shove someone wins and someone looses

Renewed my FAC in December didn't do the medical and received my FAC back within 8 weeks, 2 weeks before the old one expired.

I was asked to completed the GP referral , well I was told it was compulsory by Durham F A that's when I contact BASC and asked for advice on this subject and was told NO,NO,NO don't completed this part of the application as Its not compulsory so I didn't.

That's when the fun started with phones call from Durham Firearms asking why I hadn't completed the GP referral and I told them as a member of BASC I was advised not to do so and wasn't compulsory the lady(loose term) at Peterlee was not very happy about this and started slagging off BASC again I rang BASC and explained this to them this was when they said they would contact Durham Firearms and get back to me ......still waiting

I was asked to completed the GP referral , well I was told it was compulsory by Durham F A that's when I contact BASC and asked for advice on this subject and was told NO,NO,NO don't completed this part of the application as Its not compulsory so I didn't.

That's when the fun started with phones call from Durham Firearms asking why I hadn't completed the GP referral and I told them as a member of BASC I was advised not to do so and wasn't compulsory the lady(loose term) at Peterlee was not very happy about this and started slagging off BASC again I rang BASC and explained this to them this was when they said they would contact Durham Firearms and get back to me ......still waiting

Pm David Basic on here sure he will sort it out, not good advertising when they can't even be bothered phoning their members back.

Sorry for the delay lads as been out with the other half,well went to visit today and they were not very helpful and it looks like someone has misplaced lost my application for renewal,photos and all,however only managed to process one thing and that's the cheque.I now have to complete a new form all over again,with only about 5 weeks till my SGC expires.Asked about S7 and I got a shrug of the shoulders.Medical forms where mentioned again and I stated that they have my full consent to any records they wish but I am not completing forms.I am a member of BASC but won't bother them and would prefer to write to my local MP.