Boxing Fans,4-5 years too late but still huge.

sako751sg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both look absolutely ripped but personality ways Floyd is far from his usual self.He was whinging about Manny getting his Reyes punchers gloves approved by the commission but i think its resolved.

Im sitting on the fence and can see Floyd losing early rounds and then figuring Manny oot and taking a points win but also Manny ootworking Floyd with good footwork and angles for a points win too.Unlikely to see a KO but might have a punt on it as the odds will be decent.

Have £100 on Manny so far.

As far as Im Concerned' there is not much to like about Mayweather..Cant dispute his abilities as Boxer and a master of his Craft' but likability is Zero for me.

I cant call this fight' Mayweather will feel Pacmans power' but unless he catches him Flush' Mayweather will soak it up and get on with it.Shane Mosley caught him with a Humdinger that would have sent most to the canvas but mayweather stayed on his feet and went on to win.

I woundnt worry about Manny running out of Steam' if he can do 12rounds with Tim Bradley "one of the hardest trainers out there" he can do 12 with Mayweather bar he doesnt get knocked out of Course.

Gonna try and stream the fight in the morning. Cant wait. Might even say a prayer for a Manny Win.

Far too technical from Mayweather for my taste! I like to watch a good tear up where skill, strength, heart, will and endurance wins rather than guile! I can marvel at the skill, reflexes, speed and counter punching ability of Mayweather.......but overall was disappointed with the fight!

Mayweather was a different class and proved that he is the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

Manny claimed after the fight that he should have one which is bull. He also used the excuse that Mayweather moved about too much; as far as I can see you are allowed to move about the ring, perhaps they should tie manny's next opponent to the spot :lol::lol:

Don't know what to make of it really, thought PAC would have shown more intent in the first few rounds but couldn't adjust, he rocked him on a good few occasions and threw some good combinations but wasn't getting through mayweathers defence. He didn't have a plan against his jab and right hand only trying to force him against the ropes, which is why mayweather I guessed danced around. Mayweather did a job nothing more nothing less, he's built his career around his counter punching, boring infact very boring but master class none the less.

Don't know what to make of it really, thought PAC would have shown more intent in the first few rounds but couldn't adjust, he rocked him on a good few occasions and threw some good combinations but wasn't getting through mayweathers defence. He didn't have a plan against his jab and right hand only trying to force him against the ropes, which is why mayweather I guessed danced around. Mayweather did a job nothing more nothing less, he's built his career around his counter punching, boring infact very boring but master class none the less.

I agree, after the first two rounds (apart from a shock KO) , I think the result was obvious.

To create the fire and motivation in pro boxing they need to change the prize money, so the winner either takes it all, or a very large proportion.

If you know you are going to receive a fixed sum, win or lose, it must be something you think about , if things are getting a bit painful, or difficult.

The forecast is that Mayweather will earn between $150-$180 million and Pacquiao between $100-$120 million.

Imagine if they were fighting for $250-$300 million, winner takes all.

Manny only really rocked him once in the forth round when he had Mayweather on the ropes. Aside from that (as you said) he couldn't get through the defence; he was throwing all these combos & the crowd were going nuts but they weren't actually connecting.

There was no real loser if you look the earnings lol, but I agree if mayweather had more to lose he could of come out that bit more and stood toe to toe, who do you think he'll fight September? PAC rematch?, khan Maybe? Or some no hoper where he can protect his 49/0 and go on 50/0.