cheltenham next week

jonno 357

Is anybody going? Ill be going on Thursday normally get a couple good tips on the day.

All week :yes:

Mullins has a strong hand again and its difficult to see some of his fancied runners getting beaten...however there is an unexposed 5 year old running against Faugeen in the Champion hurdle and 25/1 about Kitten Rock EW if the going is on the softer side has got to be better than backing a likely odds on favourite..

Noel Fehily rides Cheltenham better than anyone in my opinion. :good:

Pipe did us a big favour in the Arkle last year at 33/1 and I really like the look of his Gevry Chambertain in the grade 3 chase ( third race) runs well fresh and has won after a break the last three years..comes into the race a fresh horse

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Every year this gets mentioned and after some 25 years I still cringe. c1989 the event was washed out. That day I'd been sent to repair some equipment used to make inflatable vets' surgical operating beds for horses. Job doe, customer pleased, stopped for coffee and then set off for home. Got to the bottom of a hill and met a flood. Thought I could see where the road was going so carried on but soon realised something wasn't right. Foot to the floor to keep the water out of the exhaust and slipping the clutch I just managed to back up. Going back up the hill I met said customer running towards me who then apologised saying he should have said about the flood. I explained what I'd done and his face was a picture. You didn't see the ford he asked - I couldn't see owt I replied - it looked as though that was where the road would go. How far did you get? - about 50 yards. Thought you said you were going to Exmouth - I am. Well if you'd have kept going you'd have got to Axmouth - you've just been driving down the River Axe.

Edited by wymberley

Today's the day....

I'm going with Creosote , apparently it's great over fences.

Dusty Carpet.. never been beaten...

Just having a Cheltenham Breakfast at the local ( Full Full English with extra Mushrooms washed down with Guinness and Champagne) Boarding the bus at 10.00 bee in the Arkle by 11.30 and Probably pizzed by time of the first race...

This is what I shall be backing... not tips as such just what I fancy. Thought I might splash the cash today before UKIP get in and it all gets swallowed up in higher interest rates and stock market collapse. :whistling:

First...Some Plan EW ( My local trainer Tom George, Course form)

Second...Josses Hill Win ( Did me a favour twice last season and Course form)

Third...Gevrey Chambertin EW ( owes me nothing ) Theatre Guide EW ( This Horse doesn't realise how good it is)

Fourth...Kitten Rock EW ( Not worth backing the three principles at these odds)

Fifth... The Pirates Queen EW ( All the Talk this week has been of Poldark so this must either sink or swim)

Sixth... Theatre Queen EW( This is a seriously good horse but has mental issues..if he jumps off he will go close, but not one to risk more than a couple of quid on)

Last... Cocktails at Dawn...EW ( be surprised if Henderson doesn't have this horse fit and ready to run for its life)

Good luck with your selections and have a nice day..

Another Sausage ? Thank you don't mind if I do. :lol:

Dusty Carpet.. never been beaten...

Just having a Cheltenham Breakfast at the local ( Full Full English with extra Mushrooms washed down with Guinness and Champagne) Boarding the bus at 10.00 bee in the Arkle by 11.30 and Probably pizzed by time of the first race...

This is what I shall be backing... not tips as such just what I fancy. Thought I might splash the cash today before UKIP get in and it all gets swallowed up in higher interest rates and stock market collapse. :whistling:

First...Some Plan EW ( My local trainer Tom George, Course form)

Second...Josses Hill Win ( Did me a favour twice last season and Course form)

Third...Gevrey Chambertin EW ( owes me nothing ) Theatre Guide EW ( This Horse doesn't realise how good it is)

Fourth...Kitten Rock EW ( Not worth backing the three principles at these odds)

Fifth... The Pirates Queen EW ( All the Talk this week has been of Poldark so this must either sink or swim)

Sixth... Theatre Queen EW( This is a seriously good horse but has mental issues..if he jumps off he will go close, but not one to risk more than a couple of quid on)

Last... Cocktails at Dawn...EW ( be surprised if Henderson doesn't have this horse fit and ready to run for its life)

Good luck with your selections and have a nice day..

Another Sausage ? Thank you don't mind if I do. :lol:

I have picked and dipped from yours and done a Lucky 15 of four of them....

Well, that and Broken Drum, it can't be beat.

We'll how did the first day go at the festival for you guys.i was gutted when Annie power fell at the last with the race all but won.as she was the last horse in my 4horse Mullins accumulator.but what a great first days racing.looking forward to the racing tomorrow.good look for the rest of the week.

We'll how did the first day go at the festival for you guys.i was gutted when Annie power fell at the last with the race all but won.as she was the last horse in my 4horse Mullins accumulator.but what a great first days racing.looking forward to the racing tomorrow.good look for the rest of the week.

Disasterous for me.... worst first day ever.. Thumping headache currently as well...

Had a 25 ew on Toms horse in the second at 40.'s apart from that although they ran well enough, none of my selections troubled the judge..

All in all £943.43 down on the first day and 1/3 of my kitty spent.

Some of you will say that's a lot of money to throw away but I hardly go shooting these days, don't smoke or drink ( too much) and would have spent four times that in in a year just following little flying grey things around the countryside.

I managed to strike a bet earlier on Beast of Burden at 20,s ( now 12 ) for the first tomorrow and hope that gets me off to a flyer.

The cheers from the bookmakers when Annie Power hit the turf at the last was almost as load as the groans from the Irish Crowd...

I got a place on one and clawed some money back but am down a bit after Day One. Still, onwards and up.

Mike - never forget you have proven pedigree on this and you know your onions. Please keep them coming. :good:

Thanks,

The annoying thing is I picked out Druids Nephew and Irish Cavalier last night as being ahead of the handicapper and then promptly changed my mind this morning when the going was erroneously stated as being good.......both won ! and I never had a bean on

Luckily I managed to win more than my wife lost, And despite a quick trip round the 'shops' whilst she bought yet another hat I still came away up. Good old Ruby. Real shame about Annie Power as I'd have been quids in with my Mullins acca - though with a real slice of luck I backed each of the first three on the course handsomely and never bet anything on course in the race she was certain to win, but didn't.

Roll on tomorrow as I'm leaving the wife at home !