How to win friends and influence people.

KFC

A new neighbour recently moved into the block of flats where we live.

Today I held the gate open for her while she carried her shopping in.

She thanked me and then said "You and your Mum are welcome to drop into mine for a cup of tea any time".

I wasn't sure that she meant to say that and, when I said "I'm sorry, what was that"? she repeated what she'd said.

Now, I'm 64 and my wife is ten years younger than me. I politely told her that I live with my wife and that my Mum is long dead!!!.

I've just told my wife that she's got a cordial invite from our new neighbour but I don't think she'll rush to accept. :oops:

She thanked me and then said "You and your Mum are welcome to drop into mine for a cup of tea any time".

I wasn't sure that she meant to say that and, when I said "I'm sorry, what was that"? she repeated what she'd said.

Now, I'm 64 and my wife is ten years younger than me. I politely told her that I live with my wife and that my Mum is long dead!!!.

I've just told my wife that she's got a cordial invite from our new neighbour but I don't think she'll rush to accept. :oops:

:lol: Have a mate at work who has a head of pure white hair but is only 53. He gets irate when out with his daughter (15) and often has to correct people when they mistakenly assume he is her Grandad

Who's that? Someone from the agency? ;)

No, its Phil Spencer :-)

I didnt realise lasses were so sensitive about age until i dropped a mega goolie whilst trying to console a friend of a friend whos man had done the offski with a polish waitress (who incidentally was fitter than mo farahs dog). I honestly thought she was knocking 50, so when she got emotional about getting old i said ' its his loss, you've got a great figure and dont look a day over forty'. She burst into tears whilst trying to say 'im 35'.

I didnt realise lasses were so sensitive about age until i dropped a mega goolie whilst trying to console a friend of a friend whos man had done the offski with a polish waitress (who incidentally was fitter than mo farahs dog). I honestly thought she was knocking 50, so when she got emotional about getting old i said ' its his loss, you've got a great figure and dont look a day over forty'. She burst into tears whilst trying to say 'im 35'.

This thread is pointless without pictures

And no, not of Phil Spencer...

A friend of mine, now divorced, was always a bit insensitive to his wifes little problems. She was having a bit of a grizzle one day, as they do, and he asked her what was wrong.
"I'm fed up!" she said, "I feel fat and forty."
His reply was not the best.
"You ARE fat and forty, get over it!" :lol:

That ruined your sympathy ****!

I think I've spotted your first mistake.

This is a similar but different thing.

Friday and saturday I'm the head doorman at a nightclub, I get the usual drunken women flirting with me, usually either work do's, or girls nights out. Last night 3 twenty something women. Little blonde thing whispers in my ear, "have you got a girlfriend?" "No" I reply...."I've a wife"

"And kids nearly your age"

Showed them a pic on my phone, "how olds your son?, and how tall is he?"

My lad is 16 and 6'07" and a good looking big ****** like me.........

Haven't told him he has some admirers, he would be wanting to come work with me......lol

Yeap, I'm multi skilled.

To be fair most doormen have at least two jobs, if I could earn enough on the doors I wouldn't be looking for other work. I did the bpca pest control thing and also the security industry authority (sia) licence last year to help me relocating and seeking a new career.