• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cranfield could buy a brace, one for him and one for the wife :D

LB

Not enough wheel arch room. :)

They wouldn't get you to the bottom of our bumpy old lane. :good:

Top band 300, rising to 400 next year :o

Looks likely that my disco will keep going for a lot longer yet,

Gordon Brown you are a theiving scumbag.

I will only take notice of any government on enviromental issues when they start walking to work. :good::D

They can increase the price of whatever they like, they know that people who want the item, will pay the increase.

I will wait and see the full details of any 4x4 tax increase.

It was suggested that it would only apply to vehicles under 2 years of age.

My Toyota Surf does 29 mpg........some "gas guzzler". :good:

Does anyone have the full SP?

Are we talking an accross the board increase or for certain vehicles past a registration point.

My better half's gas guzzler is more CO2 efficient than an old Metro.

Crappy budget all told - the good stuff is years away and the bad stuff bits now.

From the BBC Website :

Cars registered before 1 March 2001: taxed on engine size; over 1549cc £175 a year, below £110.

Cars with petrol engines registered on or after 1 March 2001: taxed in seven tax bands depending on CO2 emissions. Bands A-F apply to all cars registered until a year ago, the new G tax band applies to heavily polluting cars registered on or after 23 March 2006.

Different tax rates apply for cars with engines using diesel or alternative fuels.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/busi..._calculator.stm

and the new car tax bands are here : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4834480.stm

******, the Fronty will stay at £175 but the Touareg will fall right into this new G category (+ £5 extra due to it being a diesel..) £405/yr..... ****

Si.

I think I will be ok because my L200 is classed as an LGV and I will only have to pay £170. Seems like they are targeting the X5's and Range Rover types.

If they can afford £70,000 for a top of the range Vogue then £400 tax wont break the bank.

Harry

Bonus! I just got L200 NJC for my birthday, if I sold the truck and bought a metro it wouldn't look right :good:

wierd,i got a 2 litre td4 freelander and payed 210 for a year last year.and it seems to be 190 pound next year ?? sounds good to me unless i read it wrong. :good:

I am a little confused by it all as well, according to the calculators on various websites my roadtax drops by 47.50 to 142.50.

That can't be right, but if it is I will take back what I said about Gordon Brown. (well I might) :good:

One of the links on the BBC website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4834480.stm ) is for 2006- it has the old prices. Also it's a bit sneaky because the full rise won't come into effect this year. For example:

Owners of cars falling into Band C will find their tax bills increasing by £5 a year for the next three years, while Band F cars will attract a rise of £10 a year for the next two years, followed by two £5 increases in the following years. Cars in band G (more than 225 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometre) will pay £300 a year – rising to £400 next year.

I don't even bother trying to work out the **** that the government tells us most of the time. I'm sure it's intentionally worded so only government types can understand it! I'll just wince next time I tax the bloody thing, there's not a lot I can do about it anyway! :good:

The brief summary is the 300 and 400 tax figures only apply to Band G cars made after 1st March 2001.

Depending on which band you are in, you need to know the carbon output of your vehicle, you might pay slightly more.

I just love the way that the band G cars include Porsches and yet Band F cars are like 1.6 diesel focuses.

bit of a difference!

True, but some of that is down to the engineering of the engines by the manufacturers. The banding itself seems fairly sensiblish... BUT, IMHO there needs to be another couple of bands beyond G to force the really bad boys (big V8 rangys at ~400g/km) into paying stupid cash.

Si

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...cle/DG_10012524

This give the latest prices for the different tax bands. It would appear from this that 3.0 Shogun Sport will be in band F as it was registered after 1st March 2001 but before 23 March 2006.

The most annoying thing is that it was registed on the 20th March 2001, otherwise I would only pay £180 instead of the £205. That extra £25 would pay for a day at the ranges - nearly!!

IMHO there needs to be another couple of bands beyond G to force the really bad boys (big V8 rangys at ~400g/km) into paying stupid cash.

Si

Why, are you jealous? :good:

However much they tax us for using the roads won't make a toss worth of difference to global warming when the Yanks/Chinese/Indians are belching **** into the air.

Just because someone with a big engine can probably afford to pay extra doesn't justify taxing the **** out of them.

Labour B-liar, Brown & Co are just thieving scumbags. :good:

Have you noticed how this government get the public vote about things way in advance of slapping one section of society with yet another tax? For months 4 x 4 owners been subjected to a hate campaign in the media (mostly I might add those of the Chelsea tractor brigade) there was even a poll about peoples pet hates (which 4 x 4 came out tops in) THEN all of a sudden we’ve a rack of new taxes which include a heavy penalty for owning a 4 x 4. What about those of us who need our 4 x 4 for work? Mine probably does almost as much off roading as on roading and if it uses more fuel surely I’m already penalised for that via fuel tax?

Red diesel springs to mind. :good:

Oh and if he thinks it’ll reduce the number of Chelsea Tractors on the capitals roads he’s very much mistaken, they’re a status symbol and most people who buy status symbols will pay through the nose to keep up with the Joneses! But then again GB probably doesn’t give a monkey’s s’long as he gets more tax in.

Look out, GB as PM, and remember that old saying…the devil you know…and the ******* won’t even have to face the electorate to get into #10. :good:

Come election time I hope the countryside vote kicks Labours **** well and truly into touch. :lol:

IMHO there needs to be another couple of bands beyond G to force the really bad boys (big V8 rangys at ~400g/km) into paying stupid cash.

Si

Why, are you jealous? :good:

However much they tax us for using the roads won't make a toss worth of difference to global warming when the Yanks/Chinese/Indians are belching **** into the air.

Just because someone with a big engine can probably afford to pay extra doesn't justify taxing the **** out of them.

Labour B-liar, Brown & Co are just thieving scumbags. :good:

Jelous ? no not at all :lol: I've had my share of nice cars thanks very much and V8 Rangys are not my thang (sports cars are :lol:). Its very simple - There are worse polluting cars in the world than mine, so why should I pay the same as those :-) Thats it, simple really.

Maybe they should charge £1 per g/km in tax ! :P

Si