Hi from Lancashire/Bedfordshire

Hello all, I'm new to the shooting world. Friend at work took me to Sporting Targets North of Bedford before Christmas and I've managed to get him to take me twice more since. He's got me hooked on clay pigeon shooting now and I've just applied for my S/G licence. Still got 6 to 8 weeks for it to come through. I'm very lucky as I've got 2 basis of operation available to me. I work in Ampthill (just south of Bedford) so have 4 or 5 grounds within half an hour and when I come back to my house in Lancashire I get the chance to shoot round here as well (or will once my licence come through).

When I'm back in lancashire its with the kids who don't want to shoot or come with me (rather spend their time on xbox and Twitter/Facebook) so Sunday's out for me. I do have Friday free though so am looking for a place open that I can visit before picking them up after school. Blackpool sporting clays advertise on their website they are open Friday so I will give them a try once my licence comes through. Anyone know of anywhere else open Friday in lancashire area?

Hi and welcome to pw...

I live in Cranfield beds I shoot at sporting targets it's great fun busting clays. Hope to see you there sometime. They will soon be open Wednesday evenings till 8 pm so I will have to spend more money??? It has to be done :-))

Hi Roy, waiting for my licence to come through then I get get up there more often. At moment I shoot with a guy from work who has a licence and I rent a shotgun from the shop. Where I work we work a 9 day fortnight so I get every other Friday off. It's the only free time he has to take me. My other off Friday im up in Lancs seeing my kids.

Will give you a shout though when I'm set up to go bust some clays.

When I'm back in lancashire its with the kids who don't want to shoot or come with me (rather spend their time on xbox and Twitter/Facebook) so Sunday's out for me. I do have Friday free though so am looking for a place open that I can visit before picking them up after school. Blackpool sporting clays advertise on their website they are open Friday so I will give them a try once my licence comes through. Anyone know of anywhere else open Friday in lancashire area?

Also kelbrook shooting school

Welcome to the forums from another lancs shooter

where in lancs are you mate?

In Leyland Bammers

Also kelbrook shooting school Welcome to the forums from another lancs shooter

Went to Kelbrook last week and had a lesson. Michael in the shop is very knowledgable. He was telling me to put more expensive guns back on the shelf as they didn't fit. He wasn't just after a sale but someone to enjoy their shooting and go back time and again. I will, was a nice place.