Election forecast result

chrisjh

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Greens' manifesto is frightening reading, and they might poll more successfully than in the past, one example is the ex's Dad (a senior Civil Servant) and he's gone Green - it's not just the Far Left that is looking for an alternative.

I've said this in a post before but I think we deserve a government that rather than managing our decline, wants to make some radical changes . The most important factors for the government to 'get right' are a well funded and balanced Welfare State, NHS & Education system, fair Taxation and to keep the unemployment rate low.

The Labour overspend - Tory overcut pattern is rightly beginning to falter...

The Greens' manifesto is frightening reading, and they might poll more successfully than in the past, one example is the ex's Dad (a senior Civil Servant) and he's gone Green - it's not just the Far Left that is looking for an alternative.

I've said this in a post before but I think we deserve a government that rather than managing our decline, wants to make some radical changes . The most important factors for the government to 'get right' are a well funded and balanced Welfare State, NHS & Education system, fair Taxation and to keep the unemployment rate low.

The Labour overspend - Tory overcut pattern is rightly beginning to falter...

The Tory cuts are quite gentle compared to what is actuallly needed

So lets think, the British taxpayer puts in 40 billion to support a corrupt and failed bank,then the proposed govt wants to sell the shares created to "give the taxpayer their money back" but only if you cough up between £250 and 10K oh goody that's everyone getting their money back is it? and the govt in doing so give up OUR investment and returns that should benefit us all for as long as , in order to get a quick short term tiny part fix on the debt that has spiraled in their term, and you think they are the responsible ones financially HE HE HE, yep they aint called cons for nowt

come on you tenner waving con lovers tell me how that's good for us then.

KW

So we should have left the banks to fail, along withe the funds million of savers had in there?

The Tory cuts are quite gentle compared to what is actuallly needed

easy words if your not on the bottom rung.

KW

So we should have left the banks to fail, along withe the funds million of savers had in there?

they would not have lost all their savings you know that I know that, and yes they should have been allowed to go pop.

KW

Naughty Nicola is now offering a financial aid package to the North of England :) a lab SNP pact may have benefits to some of us after all, come on lads get the jimmy mac hats out and get off down the fishy for a fried mars bar.

naughty_zpszzjqboit.jpeg

KW

easy words if your not on the bottom rung.

KW

they would not have lost all their savings you know that I know that, and yes they should have been allowed to go pop.

KW

Up to a point Yes £85k i think but really? let the banks go pop? B & B, Northern Rock, Lloyds & i think Alliance & Leicester, can you imagine the panic that would cause. That's you being black and white again KW.

Edited by keg

Naughty Nicola is now offering a financial aid package to the North of England :) a lab SNP pact may have benefits to some of us after all, come on lads get the jimmy mac hats out and get off down the fishy for a fried mars bar.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=2f3babec2b95bc204b44be191e2364ac&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=310330&p=2806264&md5check=507936ffec4d949303bc37c490d4cee7&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,2ytPdaBsBhQ'); //]]></script>naughty_zpszzjqboit.jpeg&&0

KW

She is an expert in divide and conquer..

KW

I think that's called bribing the labour heartlands with promises she couldn't (and doesn't want to) keep.

I still don't know if ukip are standing in my part of the country, if they aren't then it'll be a blue vote.

I think they are fielding candidates in most areas. Should be very easy to find out online though.

I don't vote for a party, and never have done, I couldn't vote for someone because of their badge - I need to seesee and understand the person for them to get my x.

I think that's called bribing the labour heartlands with promises she couldn't (and doesn't want to) keep.

I think she's letting her little bit of power go to her head. She could certainly become the 'kingmaker' at the next election, but I'm pretty sure Miliband will be well aware that any kind of coalition with the SNP could very easily see the beginning of the end of the Labour party as it is today, and quite possibly the end of the union too.

Perfect for Sturgeon and the SNP but a hell of a choice for Miliband.

I think they are fielding candidates in most areas. Should be very easy to find out online though.

I don't vote for a party, and never have done, I couldn't vote for someone because of their badge - I need to seesee and understand the person for them to get my x.

I do that locally, I have mentioned that i am a Tory but locally voted Lib Dem, chap does a great job.

Here in melton mowbray there are lots of ukip advertisements up on the roads and the first to get some leaflets through the door, they must ve hoping for a win here. It will be interesting to see the result especially with so many immigrants living here.

That surprises me, i thought Melton Mowbray was very rural.

There is a massive lie (started by tories) that voting ukip will allow labour in.......... Ukip doesn't just steal tory votes, I am pretty sure they are stealing more labour votes than thought, as its the working classes suffering most due to the eu

Why do they?

What do you define as the "working class"

I think she's letting her little bit of power go to her head. She could certainly become the 'kingmaker' at the next election, but I'm pretty sure Miliband will be well aware that any kind of coalition with the SNP could very easily see the beginning of the end of the Labour party as it is today, and quite possibly the end of the union too.

Perfect for Sturgeon and the SNP but a hell of a choice for Miliband.

What people need to remember is that Sturgeon is the leader of the SNP and as such is the 1st Minister for Scotland. She herself is not standing as a Westminster MP but her side kick (who probably tought her all she knows) is.

I have no doubt that Salmond fell on his sword last year came up with a deal that if I let you (Ms Sturgeon) take over the leadership, I (king Salmond) will stir up such a pile of **** if I get into Westminster that they will soon want rid of us and we will get the independance via a back door.

Although I do have to give her some credit as she has been a very good at the various debates and given some of the others and the viewing public something to think about, but I still wont be voting for SNP.

What people need to remember is that Sturgeon is the leader of the SNP and as such is the 1st Minister for Scotland. She herself is not standing as a Westminster MP but her side kick (who probably tought her all she knows) is.

I have no doubt that Salmond fell on his sword last year came up with a deal that if I let you (Ms Sturgeon) take over the leadership, I (king Salmond) will stir up such a pile of **** if I get into Westminster that they will soon want rid of us and we will get the independance via a back door.

Although I do have to give her some credit as she has been a very good at the various debates and given some of the others and the viewing public something to think about, but I still wont be voting for SNP.

I don't like the ladies politics, but admire her as a politician. If she had been the party leader through the latter stages of the referendum campaign I do think that the outcome would have been different.

I am of course pleased that she wasn't and that the result was how I wanted it to be.

She is one of the few standout politicians of her generation.

I don't like the ladies politics, but admire her as a politician. If she had been the party leader through the latter stages of the referendum campaign I do think that the outcome would have been different.

I am of course pleased that she wasn't and that the result was how I wanted it to be.

Good point.

Yea, thats exactly my thoughts as well she could well turn out to be Scotlands version of Thatcher. :unhappy: