Easy hit

Fredwalton

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one on my b525 and on my sxp pump. Really helps my left eye dominance and made a huge difference. People saying you look at the bird' are being a bit ignorant given you still see the bead in your peripheral vision when looking at the bird. A easyhit is a must have for me.

Edited by srspower

Guest Mick.j

I have one on my b525 and on my sxp pump. Really helps my left eye dominance and made a huge difference. People saying you look at the bird' are being a bit ignorant given you still see the bead in your peripheral vision when looking at the bird. A easyhit is a must have for me.

There's a BIG difference between seeing a ruddy big luminous bead and a small brass/white bead in your peripheral vision. There is no need to call people IGNORANT over a difference of opinion.

The fact remains they only suit very few people, the rest would be wasting there time with one.

There's a BIG difference between seeing a ruddy big luminous bead and a small brass/white bead in your peripheral vision. There is no need to call people IGNORANT over a difference of opinion.

The fact remains they only suit very few people, the rest would be wasting there time with one.

I wasn't referring to you personally at all, I have seen a LOT of people say that in different threads. They are kind of insinuating that those who appreciate a luminous bead don't know how to shoot properly. My point was that for many people it's a really useful thing to have. No offence was intended.

Bit of a sweeping statement, containing almost no "facts" whatsoever. They sell by the truckload and I have seen numerous guns fitted with one.

Guest Mick.j

Bit of a sweeping statement, containing almost no "facts" whatsoever. They sell by the truckload and I have seen numerous guns fitted with one.

The facts are at any shoot - Go and count them if your really that bothered about actual numbers. I can think of two people at one local shoot which has roughly 80-100+ entries each event.

They may sell 'by the truckload' but i would say most get binned after a while never to see the light of day again. They have been around for roughly twenty five years in one form or another that i can remember, maybe longer

Do any of our top shots use one to make them 'shoot better'?

You say - 'i just don't notice it' so why do you need one then?

So my statement stands.

Edited by Mick.j

You say - 'i just don't notice it' so why do you need one then?

You need to read what I wrote.

Do all top shots have a bead at all? Do they have a brass bead, small white bead, a mid bead? You stick to what suits you, but stop making silly generalisations.

Guest Wilksy

How comes people are taking the easy hit bead off and putting another bead on in brass?

I personally am thinking that now and again the red one is catching my eye and inveriebly making me miss, so I'm going to try a brass bead and without any beads and see if there is any difference or improvement. But as said each to there own, I know I don't have any eye dominance issues which I believe glow beads really help with so I'm just playing about really.

Guest Wilksy

Anyone got a spare easy hit or truglo they removed as my gun has no bead and has the broken thread in it

Yeah if the brass or without bead option works I'll send you my glow one, it's a red bead 2.6mm thread I think if that's any good.

Guest Mick.j

You need to read what I wrote.

Do all top shots have a bead at all? Do they have a brass bead, small white bead, a mid bead? You stick to what suits you, but stop making silly generalisations.

Oh dear!

I only quoted what you said - When i shoot, i just don't notice it. My question was - why do you need one then? Is that so hard to answer? It may have given the OP another view of 'why use them'

Silly generalisations - Enlighten me?

Perhaps you would actually like to answer my questions with an answer, instead of with questions.

Like i have said - they suit very few people.

It is indeed what suits you.

I have owned guns with white, red and brass beads on but can't say I've ever been aware of them while shooting.

100% of a shooters attention should be on the bird, you may be aware of your barrels peripherally but you shouldn't be aware of any bead.

In my opinion, if you're aware of the bead then your gun doesn't fit or you're aiming, but then I've never owned a easy hit bead so I may be wrong.

I once had one on my Miroku 30" barrels. I was having some work done on it by a very well respected gunsmith. In discussion, it was his assessment that the effect of the red dot you see when pointing the gun is at that end of the Easyhit nearest you. This is some 2 inches closer to your eye than the original bead. So, from a visual/pointing perspective you are effectively shortening the length of the barrel by the length of the Easy-hit. I took mine off.

I have to say in all honesty I couldn't tell whether my shooting improved when I first put it on, or deteriorated when I eventually took it off (having used it for some time). And my average % hit rate remains pretty reasonable.

I take the view that if it helps you and gives you confidence then that's what counts for you. Me? I'm staying with the brass bead.

My reason for buying one is I feel I shoot behind birds quite a lot so I thought by having a bright colour at the end of the barrel it might help me with this. But I also feel that perhaps my technique is slightly wrong too, but having only just put it on when I looked down the barrel it felt as though my eye was more in line with the bead than previously but who knows!!

Hopefully after a clay shoot on Monday I have an answer for myself.

Like i have said - they suit very few people.

It is indeed what suits you.

The point he made was your "generalisation". Your statement above is yet again generalisation since you can only know "very few people" who have had them compared to the thousands that have sold. You would need to know the majority that have had them to make your statement.

If you don't like them that's fine, but your statement is quite a sweeping one rather than fact.

My Beretta comes with their own type of "easy hit" style bead, I quite like it. Does it improve my shooting? Probably not, but I'm not eye dominant and don't really focus on it. It certainly doesn't put me off, but my shooting buddy may beg to differ when I miss some shots:)

This is some 2 inches closer to your eye than the original bead. So, from a visual/pointing perspective you are effectively shortening the length of the barrel by the length of the Easy-hit. I took mine off.

This is some 2 inches closer to your eye than the original bead. So, from a visual/pointing perspective you are effectively shortening the length of the barrel by the length of the Easy-hit. I took mine off.

This is what Bobba said and I did find it made the barrel seem shorter.

Guest Mick.j

Mick.j - hard to debate with someone who can't read. :hmm::hmm: :hmm: :no::no::no:

Gordon, even harder to debate with someone who never answers a question. OR is that beneath you?

I can read perfectly well thank you.

My reason for buying one is I feel I shoot behind birds quite a lot so I thought by having a bright colour at the end of the barrel it might help me with this. But I also feel that perhaps my technique is slightly wrong too, but having only just put it on when I looked down the barrel it felt as though my eye was more in line with the bead than previously but who knows!!

Hopefully after a clay shoot on Monday I have an answer for myself.

If you're right handed and missing left to right hand birds behind (or visa versa) it could be that your left (or right) eye is dominant and showing you a lead that isn't there. If it helps bring back the right (or left) eye dominance then spot on.

Guest Mick.j

The point he made was your "generalisation". Your statement above is yet again generalisation since you can only know "very few people" who have had them compared to the thousands that have sold. You would need to know the majority that have had them to make your statement.

If you don't like them that's fine, but your statement is quite a sweeping one rather than fact.

Like i have said - they have been making these or similar for years and as you say sold thousands - That may be true but how many do you actually see around the grounds? Very few. My statement as you put it may be 'Generalisation' but its pretty accurate for the amount in use - very few, against those that do not have/use one. Never saw one today. IF they happen to be gods gift to shooting, the majority would be using them - but they are not