NV bunnies and a little owl

Last night will probably be my last NV outing until the nights draw in again so I thought I'd wire up my DVR to get some footage (plus, I've spent too long in the 'off topic' section recently so need to make amends!).

I saw the usual foxes and some roe, which I didn't record as I watched them through my spotter, but I did spot a little owl sitting a handful of yards from a young rabbit. I see them regularly on a different patch of ground but not usually where I was last night - just shows how important quarry recognition is before pulling the trigger. I shot that young rabbit from a standing position but the rest are from sticks between 30-40 yards.

There is one miss, I was shooting down a slope and the rabbit was close but I though't I'd given enough hold-under. Pehaps the pellet skirt was damaged, I don't know but it was high and wide. I called it a night after 10 rabbits as I shoot on foot and I can't comfortably carry any more than that.

BTW the angle of some of the shots makes it look like an unsafe backstop, but the land slopes sharply up behind it and I was very low to the ground to it looks like I'm shooting over a hill - but I'm not.

Super clear video, well done. May i ask what DVR do you use

It's the ultra cheapo Chinese Mini C-DVR, it cost about £16, no screen, indecipherable instruction book and dubious build quality but it's been fine so far. I power it with a couple of 18650 batteries.

Good video thanks... :good:

I carried 'only' seven about a 1/4 mile back to my car once and I ached the next day, I vowed to try and limit myself to five at that place in future...! My home brew NV was my best buy last year, I use it a lot and have seen a wide variety of wildlife around the farms...... :good: