Iranian situation

pin

Frustrating, but I don't think they fully understand just what this kind of thing is doing to them long term.

Parading around a group of sailors like this to make themselves look big, long term this won't be forgotten and will have essentially ended any chance of a fair deal for Iran, that is if there ever was one on the cards. Lets not forget its only the US stopping the Israelis levelling the place..

Stupid stupid move, ah well, we will see :oops:

Frustrating, but I don't think they fully understand just what this kind of thing is doing to them long term.

Parading around a group of sailors like this to make themselves look big, long term this won't be forgotten and will have essentially ended any chance of a fair deal for Iran, that is if there ever was one on the cards. Lets not forget its only the US stopping the Israelis levelling the place..

Stupid stupid move, ah well, we will see :oops:

Lets be honest i don't think they WANTED a deal they WANT to get their nuclear program up and running fully and the LONGER they try and delay the inspections etc the more time they have to perfect their enrichment etc and stock up on the finished article.

I beleive this is a Rouse in an attempt to DRAW the media coverage of their Nuclear work away from the public eye for a short while so they can get cracking with their program.

Most diplomatic effort now will be placed on getting the service men and woman released and perhaps they think this will loosen the grip on the Nuclear problem for a short while!

LG

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6506361.stm

Why the **** are they making our service people wear head scarves?

If they are not careful they will end up getting bombed back into the dark ages :P

My thoughts exactly when i saw this picture our women go over to Muslim country's even when taken there against their will still have to wear that stupid head dress. :oops: So when the Muslims come over here it should be outlawed but no it is against their rights, so why is it not against our women's rights in Muslim states to have to wear it. The trouble is these ***** want it always and this soft country let them get away with it. Will the time ever come when we stop putting up with all this ****?

I haven't been following this story too closely to be honest but IMO the troops will be returned in due course. Whenever that will be is anyones guess but don't expect them to be marched out to the nearest wall and shot, won't happen. I'd be very surprised if Iran wanted a fight as some American hawks, stretched as they are in different parts of the world are simply hopping up and down in their cushy offices to have a go at Iran (which would be a stupid thing to do - see Iraq, Afghanistan etc in your recent history books). First things first no one is going to use nukes in this situation on any side. It profits neither side. All this is is Iran flexing some muscle, like saying here we are don't mess with us as we're not afraid of you. The way they choose to exert influence is covertly. Providing funding, exporting materials and expertise to certain groups all over the region. Don't forget that Iran isn't like a western country (in certain terms). There are a lot of different factions, the group that took the marines in the first place or indeed the group that now hold them may not even be answerable to the Iranian government. (there are elements of that in democratic countries too but usually they get hauled up before a court or commission eventually to answer for their actions). That's my two cents anyway.

The softly, softly approach will win the day and we know that the hostages are fit and well.

We are in no position to invade Iran and I don't think the SAS would have much chance of getting near them.

The Iranians have made a mistake (in more ways than one) and I think they are now looking for the least embarrassing way to let them all go.

Give it a couple of more days and they will be home.

If we have to admit that we were trespassing (which it looks like we can prove we were not) in order to get the release secured then so be it, but it will have to be followed by immediate and devastating force to show the jumped up little ***** that we won't be mucked about.

I am all for diplomacy but they are taking the **** now, blatantly testing our nerve to see if we will have a pop at them. The world doesn't need more middle eastern instability but this is beyond a joke now.

Lets just see if Mr Bush stands by us this time, like we have over his little family tiff in Iraq.

If we have to admit that we were trespassing (which it looks like we can prove we were not) in order to get the release secured then so be it, but it will have to be followed by immediate and devastating force to show the jumped up little ***** that we won't be mucked about.

I am all for diplomacy but they are taking the **** now, blatantly testing our nerve to see if we will have a pop at them. The world doesn't need more middle eastern instability but this is beyond a joke now.

Lets just see if Mr Bush stands by us this time, like we have over his little family tiff in Iraq.

they won`t stand on with us they are a bunch of muppets :P and all of europe are banging on its all wrong but if tony **** decides to go in no other forces will join in because they are yellow through and through :oops: sorry for getting on my soap box but i have family and friends that are and were in the army :lol:

Took the words out of my mouth Pin. Americans have gone all quiet all of a sudden, makes the mind ponder.

Should airstrike the Iran nuclear factorys, & put them back to square one, then see if they are as cocky.

BJ.

We would have more luck I reckon holding a joint op with the Israeli's. I reckon at the mo they are the only ones in the world with the balls & power to give us a hand. Or alternatively we could send some Type 42's over there with 114mm Gun's on the front. Intimidate them instead of them parading british servicemen around.

The softly, softly approach will win the day and we know that the hostages are fit and well.

We are in no position to invade Iran and I don't think the SAS would have much chance of getting near them.

The Iranians have made a mistake (in more ways than one) and I think they are now looking for the least embarrassing way to let them all go.

Give it a couple of more days and they will be home.

they will be near by ready, as a last resort, but we dont want that as its a very dangrouse game to play

Pin trust me the general concencus here is that we're all waiting not so patiently for yourbilly blair to go in, the minute that happens i'll put money on it bush is right on his a$$ .

imo the sooner we get the boys and girl back the better, sod the political method waste em :good:

Martin

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6506361.stm

Why the **** are they making our service people wear head scarves?

If they are not careful they will end up getting bombed back into the dark ages :good:

Why are our people patroling what are very dangerous waters so lightly armed?

How many rounds did they have I wonder?

Why only sidearms and no LMG ?

They were incapable of defending themselves.

If it were the 1900,s and they were attacked by FuzzyWuzzys they would have been wiped out, I dont see the point of risking lives, if they were not fully able to do the job they should not have been sent out.

I pray they all come home safe.

:good: D2D

Hi Guys this is the second time this has happened and Like you I am a bit miffed to say the least. with all this stuff going on, and what do we do we yap like good uns and thats about it. we are easy targets because we do not have the capibillity to repond with any force. Like with all bully`s we need to teach then not to tangle we us. or we will give you more than a bloody nose.

Sundodger

we come unclean?

Give em any old flannel to get them back and then put a proper plan together (with a start, middle and end game).

The sooner the world finds something other than oil to use as an energy source the quicker these folks can go back to hearding goats and be left well alone with erm.... their goats.

I think Cranfield has a point (oh it pains me to say that!), they are just waiting till they can release them. There is no way an SAS team will get away with it. It is not the attack, or the release of the prisoners it is the fact that they then have to get back out again.

It is alright saying bomb the country back to the dark ages (not that far to go is it really?) but the fact that innocent lives will be lost is not good. A civilian public should not be accountable for the actions of their government. It would be like you dying for Blair.